Brake problem!

nick719

Feb 11, 2009
Ok here it goes, I have been drivin my car around recently due to the nice weather we have been havin, and everything has been fine up until a couple days ago. The drivers side rear brake started making all kinds of noise and rubbing so i checked it out metal to metal hmmm it wasnt like that the other day it had a ton of pad left. So i knew the caliper must have been hangin up, i did a complete brake job new rotors pads and calipers cause the old ones looked like hell. So i take it for i drive today doesnt it start doing the same exact thing again, I pull over in a parking lot to check it out and my brand new rotor is already all scored up. But heres the thing only half of it is, which makes me think now not only is the caliper still hanging up but somthing is bent also, cause it doesnt make sense that only half is scored and the other half is brand new still. Its just driving me crazy cause everything is brand new and i cant afford to be puttin pads and rotors on the thing everyday. If anybody has any suggestions please feel free to let me no thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

Are the slide pins frozen up? That would be my first guess as to why your new brakes are hanging up. You might need to buy a new bracket through the auto parts store, the same thing happened to me to. Let us know what you find!

I really dont think there frozen cause a greased the hell out of everything and made sure it was all sliding nice. Im gonna pull it apart wednesday and see what i can find though. You think it could be a callapsed break line or somthing of that sort? I also checked the e brake and that seemed to be moving nicely to, so Im pretty puzzled at this point, like I said it is only the rear driver side acting up. But I guess we will see wednesday feel free to chime in with any info thanks!