brake swap question

• Sponsors (?)

If your suspesion components have never been changed, now is the time to do it. New upper and lower control arms, springs, spring seats, tie rods, drag link,idler arm,and pitman arm. This will cost more, but the swap will go much faster. And you will of course need the disc spindles,rotors and calipers. and a new brake line(s). It would also be advisable to swap to a dual master cylinder setup if your car has the older single master cylinder.

tach said:
i'm going to be doing a front disk swap this month between winter break, but my car still has 4 lug spindles on the front. what do i need to do, i.e what to i need to change when i do the conversion?

Hey this is my first post!

This link contains a bunch of info about doing it on your car. http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/1966/granada.html

I did this about two years ago on my 68. You need the disc brake spindle/rotor/caliper assembly, outer tie rods and distribution block from a Granada(I used a 1978) or the other cars in the above link. I bought new rotors, pads, calipers and bearings. I used a rebuilt 197?(mid-late cant remember exact year) Maverick Non-Power Front Disc Rear Drum Master Cylinder. Make sure to buy anti-rattle clips. The Granada didn't have them, so I didnt buy them. So annoying, rattles on every bump before I fixed it. Then you just have to connect brake lines. I used the parts store premade ones and a few adapters. Since the hard-line to caliper flex-line connection points the wrong way, I bent it forwards. I went to a race shop and had them build me two steel braided flex-lines. I had to use a torch to get some of the old stuff loose.

Hearne is right, if you have got the money replace all of the suspension parts also. I did not because I was working as cheaply as possible, well except that braided line. I believe I spent less than $250, would have used the rotor/caliper if I could have found a car with good ones. :D Good Luck!