Brake time

• Sponsors (?)

yea but...

I think what I have picked out is better then the mach/cobra upgrade.

slotted rotors with ebc red stuff pads and steel braided lines all the way around.

where as the cobra upgrade you get a rotor thats 2" bigger and thats only the front.

yea but...

I think what I have picked out is better then the mach/cobra upgrade.

slotted rotors with ebc red stuff pads and steel braided lines all the way around.

where as the cobra upgrade you get a rotor thats 2" bigger and thats only the front.

rotor size has nothing to do with it. if you bed the brakes properly, you can have mad stopping power with any brakes.

http://baer.com/technical/braking-202/padbedding.php

Russell Lines
EBC Redstuff pads
EBC 3GD Sport Rotors

for front & rear is $620

Thoughts suggestions

For stock brakes??

Don't even bother. Do the 13" conversion. MUCH better performance. You would be surprised what the extra 2" of leverage can do for you.

I ran on my car
Mach 1 front 13" brake kit w/SS lines $310
Brembo rear GT blank rotors $35 x 2
Ford OEM rear pads $50

And i loved it. I autocrossed with the setup and it worked the balls. I would be on the highway at 80, lay into them hard for an offramp and still have plenty of braking power by the time i slowed down to 30-40MPH. The GT brakes tended to fade at a sudden high speed decell like that. Try two in a row and forget about it. I can't say enough about the 13" brakes. They made the car fun to drive.

I even have a full CObra setup on my Fox. Imagine a 2950 pound car with 13" front brakes and 11.65" rear brakes. It will suck your eyes out with sticky tires.

rotor size has nothing to do with it. if you bed the brakes properly, you can have mad stopping power with any brakes.

http://baer.com/technical/braking-202/padbedding.php

Bedding can only take you so far. You have more leverage in a larger rotor and more mass to absorb heat generated during hard braking. Stock GT brakes will be fine for a panic stop, but if you do any sort of spirited driving, they can get scary after some use.

And crossdrilled and slotted rotors do zilch for performance. They actually hinder performance by reducing pad contact area and rotor mass needed for cooling. The crossdrilled holes are for pads that produce vapors under breaking.

Simple physics really