brake upgrade kit

98GTstanger

Nov 14, 2010
does anyone know where i can get acaliper relocation kit for the front calipers on my 98? I want to get the steeda rear upgrade that has 13 inch rotors that just moves the stock calipers out farther to fit the rotors. so does anyone know where i can get the same kind of kit for the front? one that just moves the stock calipers out farther for bigger rotors.

• Sponsors (?)

does anyone know where i can get acaliper relocation kit for the front calipers on my 98? I want to get the steeda rear upgrade that has 13 inch rotors that just moves the stock calipers out farther to fit the rotors. so does anyone know where i can get the same kind of kit for the front? one that just moves the stock calipers out farther for bigger rotors.

Honestly the front brake upgrade is much easier than the back and produces the best results. There is no bracket kit for the front that I have seen. The majority of people, including myself, simply buy the cobra/bullitt calipers. They bolt on directly where the old calipers once mounted- but obviously with your new 13" rotors. Very simple upgrade and not that expensive. I bought my calipers here:

Buy Ford Racing Parts - Mustang / Cobra Brakes

The list of things you will need for the front brakes is simple:
13" cobra rotors
Stainless steel brake lines
Cobra/bullitt calipers

I don't know what your project goals are but if your stang is a daily driver and you are not doing autocross / something similar you might get the best bang for buck simply by upgrading the fronts and skipping the rears. The rears add little as far as a change in diameter and stopping power over what you have. :flag:

That's definitely the advice I was looking for. I understand the reaks wouldnt do much but if I upgrade the fronts and fill out the rims I wanna make the rear look even and I had only found a rear kit but not a front one. This is definitely what I was looking for though. Thanks for the help.