Brakes: Best Bang for the Buck...(Under $1k)

• Sponsors (?)

Im assuming if I already upgraded to SS lines 2 years ago, I can reuse the same lines and save the money??

RC

best bet is to give them a call and ask...they would certainly know. I recently ordered some MM SS lines, but I may have ordered the wrong ones (something to do with fine thread banjo bolts vs. coarse thread banjo bolts). I still haven't gotten around to calling MM yet...but I shall do that soon (I haven't installed my brakes yet)

Thanks all... And THERIAN...Glad to see that the link is Fos SS.com

I bought my MM CC plates there. Josh is really good and helpful, and I like to support those types of companies!!

Im assuming if I already upgraded to SS lines 2 years ago, I can reuse the same lines and save the money??

RC

I would make sure they understand you already upgraded to a PBR caliper found on 99+ mustangs. When I installed my 99+ setup I noticed the lines were diff. glad I had the stock 99+ lines otherwise I would have been spending more money.

When we did the baer kit the banjo bolts broke in half (stupid alum. bolt) at the hole. We ended up going to a dealership and matching up something "close" as the one with the correct threads had this stupid nipple on the end...we just ground it down and it worked fine IIRC it was for a 01 cobra or something.

I would make sure they understand you already upgraded to a PBR caliper found on 99+ mustangs. When I installed my 99+ setup I noticed the lines were diff. glad I had the stock 99+ lines otherwise I would have been spending more money.

When we did the baer kit the banjo bolts broke in half (stupid alum. bolt) at the hole. We ended up going to a dealership and matching up something "close" as the one with the correct threads had this stupid nipple on the end...we just ground it down and it worked fine IIRC it was for a 01 cobra or something.

Dont forget, I would ditch the PBRs...since the PBR calipers dont fit the rotors...I would be switching the whold brake system to the Cobras.

RC

Yeah, but you do already have a PBR caliper and the line may be the same as other PBR calipers they may assume you only have the stock cast iron caliper.

Remember the cobra calipers are just another design but still a PBR caliper.

Yeah, but you do already have a PBR caliper and the line may be the same as other PBR calipers they may assume you only have the stock cast iron caliper.

Remember the cobra calipers are just another design but still a PBR caliper.

I guess the best thing to do is just check when I order. If I need new SS lines, Ill sell my current ones pretty cheap.

Thanks for all the input. As soon as I know if my back will be "back" to 100% Im going to go ahead and order the brakes.

Thanks
RC