Brakes draggin because of Booster Pushrod Angle

nito88stang

Founding Member
May 23, 2002
Fullerton, California
ok, i did the whole 5 lug rear disk conversion and am using a 96 V6 booster. Everyone that has done the swap knows that the rod that connects to the brake pedal isnt angled down like the stock fox one.

My problem is that this angle is causing my brakes to stick and drag. Sometimes i'll be stopped, let go of the brake and it wont move. Then if i pull the brake pedal back with my foot it'll move freely again. Same thing driving, if i step on the brake, sometimes i'll feel it start to drag then i just pull the pedal back and no dragging. I know its not the master cylinder because it would still be stuck even if i pulled the pedal back. And i also adjust the booster rod in and out in and out and same. Even if its adjusted far out so that the brakes dont catch till the pedal is more than halfway down, it'll still drag once in a while. The only thing i can think of is that the pushrod from the booster to pedal is catching because of the angle. The booster is brand new and i'm thinking that probably also why it gets stuck, the edges arent worn in. I also already played with the rear brake bias but all 4 brakes lock up or drag when it does.

Let me know what you guys think, or if anyone has had this problem and what you did to remedy it.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Are you positive it's the booster to pedal connection? If so.. double check and look under the dash to see where it catches. I've never heard of this problem, but it sounds like nothing a dremel can't fix?