Brakes Hanging

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by Mr.E, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Mr.E

Mr.E Member

I have a 03’ GT vert 5spd and I have a problem with the brakes. I’ve had the car since 05’ and brakes have been problematic. In 07’ I was able to get another car so I could store the Stang for the winter. The car sees maybe 3K – 4k miles a year. Part of my process for pulling the car out for the summer is pulling part the brakes and lubing up the slide pins. I think I’ve got the process down now.
    The car came with 18” wheels which I switched out to 18” staggered wheels ( 245/45/18 front 295/35/18 rear). I still had the problem with the brakes dragging. I recently had to put new tires on. I went with a set of Hankooks 255/35/18 and 295/30/18. I found out that this set-up is slightly faster than stock and causes the TC to come on occasionally. The solution: shut off the TC.
    The problem seems to happen more often now. The funny thing is, the brakes will hang up only on the front and one side or the other or sometimes not at all. I could take an hour drive to visit my folks and have no issue or I could run to the store and have one side dragging.
    The quick and nasty answer is to put on new calipers but I don’t want to just throw parts at it and see if it works.
    What should I check? I put in new slide pins in April (grease too). Pads, and rotors last year.
    Could it be TC/ABS related?
    Could the brake hoses need replacing (collapsing under hard braking)?