brakes on a 94 mustang

my girlfriend had a 94 mustang. she got a new car so the car is just sitting. I don't know much about the brakes on that car. it is just the 3.8. Would it be an upgrade and even be worth taking the brakes off her car. The only thing that I thought would help is that her car is 5 lug and mine is still 4 lug. would any one think it would be worth the time to take her 94 brakes and put it on my fox body?

• Sponsors (?)

To directly answer your question yes...the 94 brakes are better than your fox stuff. Not only do you get 5 lugs, but the brakes themselves actually function better.

You are going to need a lot of stuff off that car. I dont know how much your GF is going to like you tearing basically the whole suspension/rear end out of here old car? Does the thing still run?

the car does run. her dad bought her a nice celica so the car is just sitting right now. he said he might try to fix it up and sell it or he would sell it to me for 1,000. I know I could part it out and make that even if I did take the brakes. It has a rod knocking in the engine. I might just buy the car from him, take the brakes, and part out the car. it is a convert, the top has some tears in it. I can't get anything for the motor and it has red int. If someone thinks I can part out the car and maybe get 2,000 for it I might do it. I don't want to buy it for 1,000 have to take the car apart and only get 1,000 for the parts.

V6's have the same brakes as GT's. And yes they are MUCH better brakes. The front brake design offers better cooling than the fox brakes even though they are the same diameter rotors and pistons.

As an upgrade, look for a set of 99-04 GT/V6 calipers on ebay for cheap. They are HUGE calipers and bolt right on with a little modification.

For parts, you need the spindles and everything attached to them. That means spindles, hubs, calipers, rotors, brake lines. I'd get a set of SS lines instead. Get them for a FOX mustang, not SN95. They work with all calipers, but the chassis designation picks what size fittings connect it to the body lines.

You'll also need the MC and booster

You back, take the rear axles out and everything bolted onto the axle ends. That's axle brackets, calipers, rotors, dust sheilds, and soft lines.

www.sn95brakes.com is a good place to start reading.

I am just going to do the swap right now and try to part out the car. Are the 99-04 GT/V6 calipers the only one's that will work or will the 99-04 cobra calipers work too? And by little modification, what needs to be done to make the caliper fit on right? Also, if I want to later get some drilled slotted rotors for it, do I get the 94-98 rotors?

If you want yo use cobra calipers, you need to use Cobra 13" rotors as well

The GT/V6 10.9" rotor is the same rotor from 1994 to 2004...but in 1999 they switched to a different supplier that makes a slightly better rotor

slight modification is slight gridning of the spindle