Brakes

Mavrick

Founding Member
Aug 29, 2002
Collingwood, ON
Going to take apart my front brakes tonight.. i'm cleaning up the calipers and painting them, as well as turning the rotors.

How hard is it to take the caliper off, and paint them (off the car)? Is there anything i should look for? I've never done brakes before.

Thanks a lot.

• Sponsors (?)

Just undo the 2 caliper bolts, if your turning the rotors, put new pads, or at least sand down (don't breathe in the dust! it's cancer causing) the old pads smooth if they still have some decent meat on them.

Don't twist the lines on the calipers, and don't let them hang on the lines. Don't take the lines off the calipers, unless you want to put new crush washers, and bleed the brakes...If you putting new pads, you will have to push the piston back into the caliper with a c-clamp or something

I was planning on removing the calipers, and having them painted. I need to bleed my brakes anyhow... my car is in storage for the winter so i have tons of time.

Anybody know what size flarenut wrench i need to remove the softline from the hardline?

All you need is a socket or wrench, I think it's like 10mm, can't remember, Just remove the banjo bolt.

You will have to get come new copper crush washers now too for when your put the line back on, or else it will leak