brand of fuel most trusted

blkhorse

Founding Member
Oct 30, 1999
who's fuel here in the nw(tacoma) is the most trust worthy/best for use with a power adder(KB 9si intercooled)? I use chevron now N/A. is there premium good?

• Sponsors (?)

for racing/high boost I agree,I was refering to fuel avail at stations,this is a DD and vp is not practical(conveniant)---unless it is avail at at more places than I am aware of?

i was being sarcastic. then again...54 gallon drums of vp is nice.

honestly i run arco. im also prepared and ready to deal with any possible side effects. ive been told chevron and texaco are the best up here.

For the regular stations, keep in mind that all their gas comes from the same pipes. Chevron gas stations may not be selling gas originating from Chevron refineries. No way to tell, it becomes anonymous once it enters the pipeline. Once it reaches distribution points, the different brands add their own brew of additives, and perhaps that is important to you. When I'm looking for a gas station, I try to pick out ones that are new, clean, and look well maintained -- hopefully this means that their tanks are clean and well maintained as well.

For the regular stations, keep in mind that all their gas comes from the same pipes. Chevron gas stations may not be selling gas originating from Chevron refineries. No way to tell, it becomes anonymous once it enters the pipeline. Once it reaches distribution points, the different brands add their own brew of additives, and perhaps that is important to you. When I'm looking for a gas station, I try to pick out ones that are new, clean, and look well maintained -- hopefully this means that their tanks are clean and well maintained as well.

agreed.

Who cares what kind of additives are used? If you knew a thing about this process then you would know that they only put in like a squirt for every ten thousand gallons. Now does that make even enough difference?
Right, so when Arco gas is way cheaper than Cheveron, are you telling me that theyre the same quality? Come on, man.

Cheveron or Shell for me. Ill put something else in there only if I have to, but never Arco.

You might be suprised but chances are even the Chevron, Shell, etc. have ethanol in them. I know that most unleaded race fuels sold on the west coast do. MTBE, the major competitor to ethanol, is no longer legal in California and is no longer being used as an oxygenate in the vast majority of the US. Additionally, on the west coast Ethanol has been the preffered oxygenate over MTBE for years with Oregon and Washingtion being the largest consumers. Lastly the city of Portland has recently required that all fuel sold contain 10% ethanol after July 1, 2007.

As far as a boosted setup as long as the gas in an ethanol blend wasn't dumbed down, it should actually have a higher octane rating than the same grade that isn't blended with ethanol.

As far as the quality of ARCO gasoline being less than other companies because it is cheaper, ARCO is a subsidiary of BP the worlds largest oil company in terms of sales and the the largest producer of Oil in the US. ARCO was also one of the principal discoverers of the Prudhoe Bay oil reserves, the largest oil reserve in the US. Additionally, they don't have the best service and charge for debit card use outisde of Oregon lowering their costs

Premium varies some times from pump to pump. usually its 91 or 92 octane. Some places you may find 93 octane. I cant recall finding 93 in the area, I know Florida has it, Im not sure who else offers it as well. Sometimes, you wont even be able to find a rating.