Brandmotion Ipod Integration fo 05+ Mustang

Bluboynbama

Oct 9, 2005
Smiths, AL
Has anyone had any experience with this? I know that the model released by Peripheral early last year played havoc with the instrumentation in 05 and 06 Mustangs. I read a small bit on another thread but no conclusive information on how well this device works.

• Sponsors (?)

The factory (stock) allows you only to plug in the ipod. You must control it from the ipod. This and other devices allows you to control the ipod from the head unit.
I hated the stock setup and installed an Alpine head unit so I could control the ipod from it.
Ford has advanced triptunes available that is supposed to offer ipod controls on the factory radio but noone can tell me anything about it such as if it will work with factory satellite.

I gave up on trying to find an answer. Long after installing the Alpine I found a dealer online who knew something about Advanced Triptunes. I told him my long story about lack of support from Ford and a promise from Ford customer service that they would get me an answer in 72 hours or so. After six weeks I still did not have an answer. He forwarded my comments to Ford corporate. He emailed me back, got contact information because he said Ford wanted to talk with me, mostly to apologize. That has been two months and still no word from Ford.
Wonder why Ford has financial problems?