Brembo Brake Kit

• Sponsors (?)

Are the 2000R brake kit rotors the same 13" rotor that are on the Cobra's? Just need to know what replacement rotor and pad I need to order.

The rotors, although made by Brembo, are not the same. The OEM rotor is 13" also, but is neither drilled nor slotted, and is not zinc coated. It is an "OEM" Brembo rotor, although that doesn't mean you can't substitute the OEM one for the 00R one.

The 00R kit rotors can be purchased on Tire Rack. It is a slotted, zinc plated, 13" rotor. Look there, and they list both types.

Thank you for the information. I was loooking all over for that information. My next issue is which pads to use for track day. The hawk pads I had with my gt rotors were good for about 1 1/2 20 minute sessions. Haven't checked the backs yet.

What is your experience with your pads or rotors on the track? One of the tracks we use has a 130-60mph brake area that just tears up the brakes. I have the pads/rotors that come with this kit. I just need to decide what pads I would use since I won't have time to test these out before the next track day. We get a minimum of 4 20 minute sessions. The question is. "how much rotor wear will the original pads create?". For example, when I replace the pads on track day, am I going to have to replace the rotors also or are the pads soft enough so that there isn't too much damage to the rotor? In that case, should I stay with the factory pads or can I use a harder pad to try and get a longer life. For that matter, how many minutes am I going to get of the pads/rotors that came with the kit? Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the information. I was loooking all over for that information. My next issue is which pads to use for track day. The hawk pads I had with my gt rotors were good for about 1 1/2 20 minute sessions. Haven't checked the backs yet.

Oh, and an FYI: I purchased the drilled version of the "genuine" Brembo rotors (I had no intention to track the car, but use the car for work everyday) from Tirerack, and they have help up very well for over 25k miles. I've gone through 2 sets of pads, but the rotor still looks like a champ. No stress cracks around the venting holes and no warping of the rotor. Keep in mind that I do a lot of high speed braking at times, and although my car doesn't see situations as strenuous as tracking a car, it sees far more abuse than 99% of forum members here.

You probably already know, but just beware of Brembo's that are both drilled and slotted. Those are OEM rotors that an aftermarket company drills/slots and aren't as durable as the genuine Brembo's.

HTH. :nice:

The only time I used drilled rotors, I cracked both sides. Track day is too rough for drilled rotors. Which pads did you use though?

I originally had Hawk HPS pads, but they were much too noisy for everyday use. No matter what I did, the noise wouldn't go away.

Replaced them with the OEM pads that came with the Bullitt calipers and the noise was gone. Only a very slight difference in braking power also.

just a note, make sure you specify 2000 cobra R when ordering pads for that brembo kit.
the OEM pads made by galpher were ok for light track use. they never faded on me, but i had brake cooling ducts. if i had tracked the car more i wouldve switched to a porterfield compound.