Brembo Brake Upgrade?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by AE Customs, Dec 31, 2013.

1. AE Customs

AE Customs New Member

Hi guys,
    It's been a while since I have posted on here. I'm looking for a little advice. We're working on a 2011 shelby gt. He already has brembo for front brakes but wants to convert the rear to match. My question is where is the best place to order them from? I have kinda been out of the mustang world for a little while. Thanks for any help.
  2. bdcardinal

bdcardinal tree hugger

Does your customer want the fixed multi-piston caliper setup on the rear, or just a larger rear rotor? The issue is you have to account for a parking brake. The AP setup uses a drum in the hat setup with their multi-piston rear caliper. Most manufacturers do this as well, my 2004 Volvo S60R had a drum setup for the rear Brembo calipers.

In looking there does not seem to be a Brembo kit for the rear, but it looks like Willwood makes one along with AP Racing.
  3. AE Customs

AE Customs New Member

Yes he wants new calipers and rotors. He wants them as close to the front brake setup as he can get. I am trying to find the best source for them. The kits I was looking at we're mostly all complete sets although I'm sure there must be a good place to buy just the rear setup.