Engine Brembo Package Gt Choking!!

mikemf8

May 11, 2016
this is a 2014 gt brembo package. This is what is happening:

Warm up the car, turn it off, turn it on again and then acelerate normally and it begin to choke for a few seconds, acelerate a few seconds later and the problem is gone. It smells gas a black smoke for the time it chocked. Tooked to the dealership 7 weeks ago and they change the throttle, air flow sensor and still have the same problem. they dont find the problem. Do you guys heard or have the same problem of another 2014 gt brembo package? Or have any suggestions?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Why are you warming it up, shutting it off and starting it again? Just get in it and drive it. I encountered this situation on my 2012 twice. Start the car, run it for a short while shut it off and restart produced a cloud of smoke as the engine tried to swallow a big slug of fuel. It would idle roughly for a bit If I started the car and warmed it up normally in operation, I never encountered this problem.

Why are you warming it up, shutting it off and starting it again? Just get in it and drive it. I encountered this situation on my 2012 twice. Start the car, run it for a short while shut it off and restart produced a cloud of smoke as the engine tried to swallow a big slug of fuel. It would idle roughly for a bit If I started the car and warmed it up normally in operation, I never encountered this problem.

Well its not supposed to do that a 2014 car. The dealer told me today that it is a "normal" condition of the car. I have a 1961 car and doesnt do that. That is no normal at all. I m supposed to turn on the car and drive it without this problem... for me will think to go with the lemon law...

Well good luck with that. If you just drive it like its supposed to be driven, you won't have any problems.

Your 1961 car doesn't have 400+ horse, get good mileage, is a deathtrap in handling, braking, and every aspect of car dynamics. If you want to throw back to the Pleistocene era of car design, be my guest.

You're being unreasonable and probably the sooner you are out of this car the better for everyone.

I m supposed to turn on the car and drive it...
Yes that is correct, that is what you are supposed to do: start the car and drive it. Not start it, let it idle, shut it,start it and drive it. Your causing the car to load up.

Last edited: