Brief Review: Pontiac Solstice GXP

• Sponsors (?)

IT really just depends on the driver and it seems you have the confidence in her that she'll be ok. My 98 was my first car at 18 and I have never wrecked or got in a fenderbender. Even with all the modding and such throughout the years. Once your footing the bill for everything, you definetly cherish the car and not abuse it.

IT really just depends on the driver and it seems you have the confidence in her that she'll be ok. My 98 was my first car at 18 and I have never wrecked or got in a fenderbender. Even with all the modding and such throughout the years. Once your footing the bill for everything, you definetly cherish the car and not abuse it.

I agree but also realize an jackass is going to be a jackass no matter what car. Perhaps Melissa will change her mind when she gets an insurance quote!

Good questions.
My wife and I have never been able to get Melissa to do this using conventional wisdom like my older daughter. I cannot force her to buy the car of my choice (or she'd have a Stang.) That being said, I really just looked at the car to see if it was a POS or not. ...............

Hey I know what you mean, it is all about the person drving the car. Im only 18 and share the GT500 with my dad and the GT is mine so Im used to being around and driving high performance cars. As long as she has a good head on her she will be fine. Its just today kids just don't have common sense and don't think before they act and this coming from a kid myself. LOL It shocked me when my friends started driving and how stupid and imature they were and still are. I've seen my friends wreck brand new STIs, numerous imports, and a 01 Cobra and the worst part is they still havent learned.

Everyone thought I was going to kill myself in my GT when it was stock but I told my parents Im smart with my cars. I laugh every time I think about it because it was just two years ago I was driving my bone stock GT and now its an 11sec car and this year I will be in the 10s with it and I drive it everyday its nice out. The best part is the people that said I would kill myself are now asking me to teach their kids to drive and talk to them about driving safe. LOL

Good Luck! :nice:

Miata>Every roadster any day of the week

.....but i would rather have a S2000

SRTHandz is right on with the new Miata (MX5) and the S2000. My uncle has an S2000 that he let me take out and it's sooo connected to the road and fun to drive it's hard to be able to put in words. My definition of a "sports car". The MX5 is not like the original version Miata. It's larger without being too big, so it's very usable daily platform, rock solid, fun vert that is also connected to the road. If your able to get her comparison shop, I think you would be at least equally impressed, plus the Mazda and Honda have better reputation for reliability.