Bringin back Primer! With style

Primer job looks good actually. But ever thought about doing it yourself, I mean actual paint? Doesn't cost much compared to a shop.
Air compressor ~$250-300
Decent Gun ~$150
And then paint and some other misc supplies (tape, filters,measuring cups) ~$200-300.
Sweep/blow out the garage, water the floor to keep overspray and dust down and your set.

Your making it sound way easier than it is. Its not just about keeping the dust and overspray down, you have to have the right ventilation and air flow for proper flash times. Not to mention you gotta know the right gun techniques, its not just about pulling a trigger. Most first paint jobs end up coming out like crap.

• Sponsors (?)

ah man you should have gone with semi gloss black
wallmart3.jpg

:drool: That car looks so bad. It's really too bad you sold that thing. Spray that notch semi gloss quick!

Your making it sound way easier than it is. Its not just about keeping the dust and overspray down, you have to have the right ventilation and air flow for proper flash times. Not to mention you gotta know the right gun techniques, its not just about pulling a trigger. Most first paint jobs end up coming out like crap.

You are exactly correct! That's why you do a little research, watch some videos, and talk to paint experts! If you have an old hood or something use that to practice on first. For flashtimes (which i assume drying) you just getting the correct hardener for the temperature outside. My first paint job turned out awesome! I guess I prepared for it really well and thats why it did.

damn, I've been thinking a long time about doing a "rat rod" style paintjob.

when I finally get my own house and can start working on my mustang, I wanted to do a cobra kit with stalker bumper painted semi-gloss black and then have some sonic blue accents (like a pin-stripe or something). damn, that was my plan!!

that satin black car is the reason i really wanted to paint my car satin black..actually over half my car was satin until we painted it gloss black in the basement of my house, we didnt do it right but it turned out pretty damn good, we cleaned it, did a TON of body work(i was working out one panel at a time and painting it satin when finished), we decided to paint it because i got T boned by some lady in a taurus, it was my fault though..anyway pics are in the link in my sig

~Mark~

it really sucks how much money you have to spend to get the car painted. i was looking into it and a decent job is going to run me a good 2-3k. Thats a hard pill to swallow for a college student esp when i can prob piece together a NICE HCI package or single turbo setup for that money. But i guess when you think about it, a paint job is really a "get what you pay for" type of process. end rant/

I would definitely save up the money if you are concerned about the look of the car. Paint is the first thing everyone is going to see. no sense in half assing it. Although I would probably build the engine first and then do the paint and body later unless I was going for a complete color change and the engine bay needed to be painted.

My philosophy has always been that going fast looks better than good paint. I can't stand a car that's all show and no go...i can deal with being all go and no show for now. Once it's at least deep into the 12s, then i'll think about paint.