broke and shock help

showngo

Mar 16, 2004
canada
well not really broke, but bought a house and need to be thrifty...

so this is what i need...

1 outer tie rod (seized)..no biggie
and shocks and struts for a 2000GT
and my dumb ass will be paying for the install (sound someone cheap tho $40/hr)

my goal 3 yrs ago... tolikco HP aobut $300cndn EBAY

so my question is, i lowered it via MAC springs cut 1/2 coil too..

tokico HP $300cndn
KYB appear to be $250cndn .. both of these prices are shipped BTW

does monroe or anyone else make a quality product.....

i would MAYBE spring for the bilsteins $600cndn if my buddy cna put them in for free........... would it be hard.? he says he could likely do it

thanks for anyhelp

phats

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, it was kinda hard to read what you're saying...but I think you're interested in shocks/springs... I think most people would agree with me that it's not a good idea to cut your springs, even if it's just half a coil. The spring rate is designed with all coils of the spring, and could end up effecting the car in a negative way. I would just do some research, figure out how much of a drop you want, and see what springs look nice, in your opinion, on other stangs. As for shocks, if you have the money, you should go with the most expensive. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I went with the Tokico HP's, and am very happy. Lastly, installation is somewhat tricky, but deffinetley do-able if you have the proper tools. I just searched for instructions, and went by what others had learned, it's really straightforward. Basically, anything you do will look/handle better than stock, but if you're spending the money, you want it to be nice, good luck.:nice:

actually some springs have a "dead coil" which do not affect the spring rate.

mach 1 shocks and struts are a nice budget setup, which are revalved tokicos. instalation isn't hard, but a wee bit tricky. you may need a vice grip to keep the piston from spinning.

thats funny you find my post hard to read.....im called mumbles on my golf forum......they think im drunk most of the time

keeping the springs i got, just need the shocks....or struts...whatever the hell is up front..

so far its my original idea.......tokico HP

well, i had the tie rod fixed with a MOOG greasable fitted one... no more sqeeking!!!!

as it turns out i met a guy that will give me a deal on some parts...

KYB shocks/struts for $250 CNDN
tokicos..............around $400???

are the tokicos that much better??? i dont race or crap...

ALSO, ive searched here and read about CC plates and some bushings??

something to increase travel to reduce bottoming out??

what should i get, brand and how much would they be??

thanks