Broke Bolt into Manifold =(

d98gt

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
SE Texas
I was about to clean my engine up a bit since I am an idiot and used a cleaner that just seems to attract dirt/dust and doesn't let it wash straight off :mad:

I was tightening a bracket on the back of my upper intake manifold (aww yes, the lovely plastic design that we all have:notnice:) and the bolt just snapped before it tightened all the way. So much for me getting that bracket to be fully secure now:rolleyes:

Here are some pictures to show how NOT to keep a clean engine:rlaugh: I am just going to leave the broke bolt in there and not worry about it. Not worth the trouble trying to get it out, especially in the plastic:nice:

View attachment 398188
View attachment 398190
View attachment 398192
View attachment 398194

:owned: :p

• Sponsors (?)

The bracket didn't need to come off, however it was loose. It's the bracket that has a bolt that tightens on the back of the engine and that small bolt just behind the plenum. I tightened the large bolt on the rear, then when attempting with the smaller one---it broke :D

As for fixing it--It can stay since the PI intake will eventually get done. Not worth worrying over for the time being :nice: