Broke my left pinky toe.... getting in my car sucks.

gcomfx.com

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Republic, MO
First bone I've ever broke and it had to be one I can't do much about. Right now it's taped to the second toe. Doesn't really hurt, just throbs occassionaly and it's a PITA to remember to walk so I don't put pressure on it.

Getting in my car is a PITA. Never realized how much I lean to the left. Wiping my arse can be a pain too. :rlaugh:

Crazy thing is, I'd been test driving econo cars for a new DD.... guess those 5 speeds will have to wait a bit now. :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

Ah.... forgot that part.

My car club had an event this past Saturday. Muddin', burnouts, good food, 4wheelers, trampoline, and ended the night with fireworks. Some even homemade. LOL

In the evening before the fireworks, we rented out the swimming pool in a city near the event. We all drove our nice cars out there and took over the pool. One end had a basketball goal.

That's where the trouble began. I went to get a rebound and when I jumped there was a foot under mine. It changed the angle of my toes as I jumped. I thought I jammed three toes.... but kept playing. Next game my toes were still hurting pretty bad. I grabbed my foot and it was quite obvious the little toe was broke. :bang:

Went and checked with my cousin, was an EMT. She confirmed I fubared it. So we put ice on it, then my low blood sugar, and high blood pressure kicked in. I about past out. Not too fun.

They say there isn't a darn thing they can do about a broke toe. So it's taped up, and I just have to wait for it to heal. :nonono:

My friend's foot, is swollen and bruised really bad. Guess I jumped hard that time. :D

I can relate. About 10 years ago I ran for the phone with wet bare feet, slipped and kicked the door jamb. I broke the toe next to the little one. One of my buddies is a podiatrist. At our consultation at the local watering hole, he told me that there is nothing you can do for a broken toe other than tough it out.