Broken cam gear

• Sponsors (?)

Engine is back in .turn on and runs till it get to 195 deg than idle drops to 400rpms?hook up scanner and long 1 and 2 shift 1,2 arent reading?engine sounds very quiet no ticks.any thouts?

The idle RPM doesnt really worry me. You need to monitor your oil pressure and not with the idiot gauge. You need a real mechanical gauge. You also need to get some compression numbers and leak down numbers. If the piston hits or the debris in the engine did damage those three things will tell you real fast. If you dont watch those things you will learn the trick of draining your oil in 1.2 seconds with no tools.

O2 sensors were bad.put old ones fuel trim is now reading.did a compression test 160thru 170.with engine hot.only problem now is blower has no boost.can a bypass soleniod be stuck.i did find 2 vaccum hose bad the black one that goes 2 the back of acuator and green hose for egr anyone have ideas

O2 sensors were bad.put old ones fuel trim is now reading.did a compression test 160thru 170.with engine hot.only problem now is blower has no boost.can a bypass soleniod be stuck.i did find 2 vaccum hose bad the black one that goes 2 the back of acuator and green hose for egr anyone have ideas
I'm sure the boost bypass solenoid could fail, but most of the time they are just in need of adjustment. However this problem is usually cvase of reduced boost, not a complete loss of boost. Is it possible you've got the boost bypass lines crossed and the bypass is being held open?

U.M.

Ordered new solenoid and vaccum harness.seems the blower whistle alittle than shuts off .acuator opens than closes .if i pull top vac hose blower wines and po 234 lites up .UM i think its stuck.when the 2nd sprocket broke and the valves it overheated and antifreeze was everywhere