Broken Lug/Thread?

OK - So I overtightened one of my lug nuts, and it snapped off. Guess I should of used a torque wrench.

Now, since I have an usable lug nut and am unable to put a new one on because the threads snapped off.. What part do I need to buy in order to fix this issue? I am picking up the new black lugs listed below so that they match my mach 1 wheels.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/acorn-lugnuts-black-20.html

I guess I'll be using a torque wrench for now on :(

• Sponsors (?)

Lug bolts are normally compression fitted into the rotor. To remove the bad one, pound it out toward the centerline of the car with a hammer and a center punch.
When installing the new one, insert it from the backside of the rotor, tap it with the hammer so that it stays in place(it doesn't have to be in its fully inserted position), install the wheel, tighten the other nuts on the other lug bolts first, and tighten the nut on the new lug bolt last. This will pull the new lug bolt into its final position without having to wear your arm out trying to hammer it in place.

the name is extremely relevant, considering that on some ford's the stud is pressed into the rotor. on the fusion the studs are not serviceable separately, and can only be purchased with a new hub assembly. sorry work in a ford parts dept so i deal with this everyday.

I agree that it's not a bad thing. However, in this specific situation the OP was simply looking for a "how to do" answer in order to resolve his specific situation ASAP, and he could care less either about the specific terms of the various vehicle components in which the studs are inserted, or about the design of other car models regarding this same matter.

ask for a wheel lug stud, and they should be able to get you what you need. if they have questions, they have diagrams showing parts and you can point it out on the screen.