Broken passenger side mirror

Novanutcase

Oct 21, 2007
Some dumb@ss truck clipped my passenger side mirror and broke it!

I was stuck in traffic and he decided to try and get around everyone by going down the parking lane. Unfortunately, when he hit my mirror I was boxed in so I couldn't chase him since he just sped away!

I found a mirror on E-bay for $44 but before it gets here I wanted to find out how I remove and replace the mirror! Can anyone give me a step by step?

Thanks

John

• Sponsors (?)

actually, my passenger mirror should be here tomorrow! all you have to do is remove the mach 460 tweeter grill and theres a phillips screw you have to unscrew under that and then the three bolts for the mirror are right behind that. if you have the 460 that is.

Mirror —Power Exterior Rear View
Removal

Remove the door trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .
Disconnect the power exterior rear view mirror electrical connector.
Remove the nuts and the power exterior rear view mirror.

mirrormv2.gif

Installation

To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Attachments

• mirrormv2.gif
    mirrormv2.gif
    7 KB · Views: 78
I just finished putting a new driver's side mirror on tonight. What is it with everyone breaking their mirrors? I had to replace mine because I was distracted when backing out of my garage...:(

The new mirror was very hard to find, too. Every junkyard and auto parts store around here seemed to have just run out. After calling around, I eventually found a place that had one in stock. I would have just bought from ebay, but I am going on a road trip tomorrow and couldn't wait.

To keep this tech, has anyone else had problems with the mach 460 tweeter electrical connections breaking? When I took my door panel off, I managed to break both wires. They're apparently very fragile.