Broken pulley

Az Pete

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
Panama City, Fl.
I installed a Classic Air unit on my '66 a couple weeks ago. The unit itself went in good and works great. A few hiccups along the installation but nothing major.

I needed a double pulley for the water pump so I ordered one from Classic at the same time. With about 1000 miles on the install, the pictures show the problem.

Now, I called Classic and they were very good about replacing it, with out so much as a question. The rep said that things happen..... After them saying they would ship me a new pulley at no charge and wanted the old one so they could bet their refund, I got to thinking. This must be a routine thing.....

Called NPD and asked about their pulley. The rep pulled it from the shelf and says it has the extra cap over the bolt hole area. I ordered the NPD one to put on. I may just ask for my money back from Classic but want to see the replacement first.

unload085.jpg
[/IMG]
unload086.jpg
[/IMG]
unload087.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

The two pulleys, one from NPD with the cap and the Classic Air unit without the cap sell for the same price....so it must be more profit for Classic Air. I am going to recommend Classic buy them from NPD if they cannot figure out where to get them at cost..........