Broken valve cover bolt

• Sponsors (?)

how tight did you go? they are just about 5ftlbs or hand tight, chances are high it will leak though on the bottom side and once the motors heats up or goes through some drive cycles the chances are even higher. I'll knock on wood for you that some of the bolt is sticking out so you can grab it and get it out if not ez out time. best of luck.

What gasket are you using?

The spot where you broke the bolt makes it questionable if it will leak or not. I broke a tap off in the uper corner, and i use the FMS rubber gaskets with a steel core, and it does not leak. How bad is the bolt broke off? You could try getting a dremel and slotting the shaft of the bolt and using a flathead to remove it.

I bet there not real tight. Like mentioned they don't require much torque which is why you broke them. If you can take a dremel and make slot on the broken bolt you could use a flat head screwdriver to remove them (I've done this before).

Sometimes using a tiny punch with a hammer to turn the broken bolt a little at a time will get enough sticking out to grab with pliers. Worth a try. If not, drill and extract it. I'd bet it'll back out with a punch & hammer. Might even get a sharpened flat screwdriver to grab enough of the edge and turn it a little. Best thing to do is to step back & think about it before getting frustrated...which I admit is tough to do with a broken fastener!

Been there done that my friend. You'll never do it again though trust me. Your gonna need to drill it out like stated. Just be extra careful to start your drill in the center of the broken off bolt, take your sweet time. Drill til its about a 1/4 inch deep maybe a bit less and use the extractor to turn that sum bitch out.