Build Certificates

How long has it taken the rest of you owners of '03 Cobras to get your certificates? I signed the papers on Sept. 30, '02 and picked it up on Oct. 1. I opened my mail today and there was my build certificate. Strange, one year, three and a half months. I remember getting my '99 certificate not long after I got the car. My '99 was a little later in the build process, number 3684, while my '03 is number 1224, fairly early in the build process. Either way, a year and three plus months seems a bit long. At least now I can put it next to my '99's on the wall.

:flag: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, they (SVT) had to wait for the last 2003 snake to roll off the line before they could start the build certificate process. Remember, the 2003 snakes had a fairly longer build (time-wise) when comparing the previous model year cobras... :) They couldn't start mailing out production certs until all 2003 cobras were built!

I remember seeing my first '03 in a dealership back in June of '02 and I'm *guessing* they halted 2003 cobra production sometime during the summer of '03 (not 100% sure of this, but it sounds reasonable). So, after the last '03 was built, it would have taken SVT a few months to get their ducks in a row and mail everything out to their respective owners...

Just my .02

My 03 Was one of the last made (anniv edition) with a build number of 8365 of 8394 of coupes, 1974 of 2003 anniv. built on 7-31-03. so you figure they were probably done real close to that date....but i had heard SVT waits until the end of the calender year (my letters have a December 2003 date in the letter head) to issue....

Gee wish my wife would let me hang the certificate, but its wouldnt mesh with her "grand decorating scheme"....lol