Build Sheet Decoding Question and Dealership Modification Question

Harryjbrown

Feb 29, 2012
Hi All - while I was inspecting my mustang before buying it, I found the factory build sheet. I have been trying to find a good site that can help me decode it. In particular I am trying to understand the "Muffler" box in Row "F" numbers 37-44. Ideally the site would link to images of what the build sheet selections look like (yes - I am somewhat of a newbie when it comes to original parts). For example, the build sheet has Deluxe Wheel Covers. It took me a few searches to find what the Deluxe Wheel Covers looked like. I have found both a VIN decoder and a data plate decoder, however these sites don't have all the info I am looking for - everything on the car matches up with both the VIN and data plate - now I am trying to get down to the details.

As another question. My car currently has GT rims, however the build sheet has Deluxe Wheel covers. Could the GT rims have been put on at the dealership or is it likely someone just put them on afterwards? (I don't have the sales sticker/sheet). Are there other installations/modificaitons made at the dealership besides trim packages?

Thanks for your help.

• Sponsors (?)