Fivespeedsteed's Build Thread

just to document: this is the crap in my floor. more pics as more stuff comes in.

DSCN1730.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

thanks. snapped some new pics after the shocks/struts/springs/lca's ect. i changed the oil this morning, and washed it and the truck, conditioned the seats in the truck. finally got some oil pan drain plug gaskets that are worth a crap. had to go to the dealer. gonna sneak a few pics of my truck in too.

im really hoping the front settles more. ive got the back about where i want my stance, but the front still too high for me. i used new poly iso's all the way around so im hoping they break in.

DSCN1744.jpg

DSCN1745.jpg

DSCN1747.jpg

DSCN1746.jpg

DSCN1750.jpg

DSCN1749.jpg

yeah. no one really bothers me, if anyone said you cant work on yoru car here, i wouldnt, we did the front on friday, then left it on the ground wheels on tools cleaned up over friday night, then it spent all saturday apart again. people just come borrow tools from me occasionally and dont say anything about all the parts i have spread out, its pretty nice. i make an effort to keep the concrete clean too.

Man that car handles so much nicer now. Those new struts really helped out alot. Glad we got it done man. Now get that mid pipe on!! :nice:

i really appreciate your help buddy i was about go give up on the lcas when we realized we needed to get the mufflers off. to this day ill never understand how those rusted ass midpipe bolts just came off no problem, but i thank them for being so cooperative.

so guys what should be next for me? panhard bar/strut tower brace? or get my cobra brakes (meaning i have to get booster/mc/rotors/conversion/prop valve) on?

im not quite sure what i want to do. the brakes i have now work fine, and i wont be able to afford to do hpde days yet.

the front sits too high for me, i cant decide if i wanna pull the front springs, and remove the poly iso's, and wrap the top and bottom of the springs with electrical tape, or if i want to get coilovers in the front (330 dollars) the back is really adjustable, i can put that wherever i want, and im not worried about having coilovers in the rear.

really bothers me too, but my back still doesent sit equal left to right. i want one day to wash my car and not have water puddle on the driver side of the wing. ive got the spring perch like a half inch higher on one side than on the other.

that REALLY bugs me.

do the brakes first, they may feel "fine" but until you start doing 100-0 stopping you wont know, these cars are crap when it comes to braking and while a PHB will help do the things the can stop the car, plenty of classes in SCCA have rules against PHB's so i say go that rout as it isnt needed as much

i think my rear axle is not centered. i think first up im gonna get my upper ca bushings done, then remove the lower iso from the front springs, then do a phb to get the axle right. then its full speed ahead on the cobra brakes. this summers going to consist of making as much money as possible. i need all that (1000 dollars or so) and a new laptop (charging port on mines going bad)

trucks almost where i want it for now. im starting to think of engine setups for the fox also.

any ideas? gt40x heads and tfs2 cam? trick flow top end kit? on3 performance turbo on the stock block?

once this car has the cobra brakes and a road and track box, what kinda motor /setup would you guys like to see in it?

I would stay stock long block and just throw a single turbo setup @ 10psi on it, and run it. Just do supporting fuel and air mods.

I don't know if he has changed anything yet, but I remember reading on the turbo forums that the headers on3 used were total garbage. After a few months guys were having them splits and crack at all the welds.

EDIT: I looked on their site, they still list the headers and hot side as being 304 stainless. Which was the **** that was cracking at all the welds.

i think my rear axle is not centered. i think first up im gonna get my upper ca bushings done, then remove the lower iso from the front springs, then do a phb to get the axle right. then its full speed ahead on the cobra brakes. this summers going to consist of making as much money as possible. i need all that (1000 dollars or so) and a new laptop (charging port on mines going bad)

trucks almost where i want it for now. im starting to think of engine setups for the fox also.

any ideas? gt40x heads and tfs2 cam? trick flow top end kit? on3 performance turbo on the stock block?

once this car has the cobra brakes and a road and track box, what kinda motor /setup would you guys like to see in it?

LS9

you guys never fail. a build thread isnt cool till it has a ls9 or twin turboed 427 in it. typical :jester:

no really does this car look like it would be suited to a nasty HCI combo with possibility of spray, or does it look like it should have the stock motor with a small turbo pushin 10 pounds through it?

you guys never fail. a build thread isnt cool till it has a ls9 or twin turboed 427 in it. typical :jester:

no really does this car look like it would be suited to a nasty HCI combo with possibility of spray, or does it look like it should have the stock motor with a small turbo pushin 10 pounds through it?

yep H/C/I LSx with a healthy shot of the giggle gas and you'd be set :nice:

one of late models door lock actuators crapped out on me. the lock on the pass side stopped working and i traced it to that, i had another one laying around that was new so i got that in there and it works great. well see if this one can last longer than a couple months. if this one goes i gotta bite the bullet and buy a ford one for 200 bucks.

i think i decided im just going to do a hci. my plan is either a trick flow top end kit or a gt40x/tfs2/typhoon intake combo. i might have the oppurtunity to pull the motor this summer and spray my bay, and replace the lower gaskets (oil pan, front, rear main seals) and get a cam in it, so then when i do the heads and such i wont need to pull the engine. if i did the top end kit it would be more complete but id have to buy it all at once. what is recommended you do when you do a hci? timing chain and all that? pushrods, ect?

it wouldnt be a problem running a tfs2 cam on stock heads and intake for a little while would it?

ill prolly make a thread for it in a little