bored block
eagle stroker kit w/ forged srp pistons
trick flow twisted wedge heads
1.7 rockers
what type of cam should i get
i was thinking the COMP CAMS XTREME 270 HYD

Intake Duration at 050 inch LiftVL: 218
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch LiftVL: 224
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 218 int./224 exh.
Advertised Intake DurationVL: 270
Advertised Exhaust DurationVL: 276
Advertised Duration: 270 int./276 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm RatioVL: 0.512 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm RatioVL: 0.512 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.512 int./0.512 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees)VL: 114

or
XTREME ENERGY 274
Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 230
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 236
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 230 int./236 exh.
Advertised Intake Duration: 274
Advertised Exhaust Duration: 286
Advertised Duration: 274 int./286 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.520
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.523
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.520 int./0.523 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees): 110

looking to make around 450hp flywheel
any advice ?
also the pistons i bought the kit with have the oil ring coming through where the wrist pin is .. is this a problem with 331 ?

thanks !
:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I just got done with my 347 and im running the comp xe270hr but i wanted better drivability over hp (been there done that) also running tw heads and trackheat intake and it goes pretty good even though I havent got on it much,"want to get some miles on it first" then will take it and have it tuned. I think between those 2 cams the 274 would get you more and if you went custom would be even better.

Having the pin through the oil ring doesn't matter.

As for your cam choice, neither :)

I would use a custom or something from anderson motorsports. You will need GOOD valve springs to match the cam.

What manifold?

What exhaust?

hey grn92lx .. i see ur ion LI too where exactly .. ?
i plan on getting mustang magic to build and dyno tune for me .. and comments ?
and ive decided just to get AFR 185s w/ spring upgrade package
im gonna get trick flow track heat intake
30 lb injectors
76 mm maf
70 mm tb
i got equal len headers w/ o r h and flows (prolly gonna switch to x and some bassani
this is gonna be a daily driver also i should mention .... except for the winter when i put truck on road

any one interested in some trick flow twisted wedges ? about 15k on them, o ringed , (never actually got a supercharger) email me !

also this is the cam im lookn at now ..
Cam Style: Hydraulic roller tappet
Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,600-5,600 RPM
Intake Duration at 050 inch LiftVL: 216
Exhaust Duration at 050 inch LiftVL: 224
Duration at 050 inch Lift: 216 int./224 exh.
Advertised Intake DurationVL: 266
Advertised Exhaust DurationVL: 274
Advertised Duration: 266 int./274 exh.
Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm RatioVL: 0.544 in.
Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm RatioVL: 0.555 in.
Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.544 int./0.555 exh. lift
Lobe Separation (degrees)VL: 112
Intake Valve Lash (in)VL: 0.000 in.
Exhaust Valve Lash (in)VL: 0.000 in.
Computer Controlled Compatible: Yes
Grind Number: FW XE266HR-12

defcondaze said:
hey grn92lx .. i see ur ion LI too where exactly .. ?
i plan on getting mustang magic to build and dyno tune for me .. and comments ?
and ive decided just to get AFR 185s w/ spring upgrade package
im gonna get trick flow track heat intake
30 lb injectors
76 mm maf
70 mm tb
i got equal len headers w/ o r h and flows (prolly gonna switch to x and some bassani
this is gonna be a daily driver also i should mention .... except for the winter when i put truck on road

any one interested in some trick flow twisted wedges ? about 15k on them, o ringed , (never actually got a supercharger) email me !

Do NOT take yor car to mustang tragic. DoNOT let them build your engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've been warned.

Go with a 347 first of all, why give up FREE cubes/horsepower??? Second, if you don't mind dealing out of state, let Rick 91GT on here build it for you. His site link is in my sig.

You are better off flushing your money down a toilet bowl than taking your car to mustang tragic.

You are looking at LOTS of WRONG parts! Tiny 302 cam, junk exhaust. How fast do you want to go? Let me know and i'll help you.

Where on LI are you?

You put that tiny cam in your car and you will fall very short of your hp goals. Theres a lot more to it than @.050" lift. That cam is tiny!

I can't personally recommend any builders out east as I have no experience with them. I live in nassau county (5 minutes from queens)

Just do yourself a favor and do NOT take your car to mustang tragic.

If you are set on the 185's, I would use them along with a holley or a tfs R manifold and a custom cam. Use a 1 3/4" longtube headers with a 3" collector and a 3" x/h pipe.

My combo is a n/a 11:1 347 with unported TW heads.

My friend lives out east and I know he will know some good builders out there. I will PM him and get you some info.

Sent you a PM.

isnt the tfs r intake a little too much ? , i dont plan on having this thing revn much past 6000rpm
Daily Driver ....
why are u so anti mustang magic ?
i need a shop that will assemble my engine ... install in my car and tune.
what cam are you running ... what type of power u making ?
also wanting to run a panhard bar so i duno how 3 inch exhaust would fit (im not lookn to build a car for 1/4 mile) maybe some road race courses
any other advise out there ?

No, the R manifold isn't too much. You said you wanted 450hp, correct? I run the R manifold on my n/a combo. A holley manifold would work good for you too. You're gonna fall short of your goals with a low 6000 rpm shift point but you can still make good power.

I didn't say you needed a 3" cat back, I said 3" mid pipe.

I"m running an FTI custom grind cam. Its pretty big :) I shift at 6,700. For a cam its size, its drives amazing. Never dynoed it but it should dyno between 375-400hp. I just need to get a 3" mid pipe as this 2.5" pipe I have is too small.

Just listen to what I tell you when I said avoid mustang magic. Their tuning is VERY sub par. Learn from my mistakes. I won't even begin to post about my friends issues with them.

That cam will work a hell of a lot better than the other one you posted about. I would go with a custom cam though so you get exactly what you want and where you want it.

I have a stock block with a scat 3.40 stroke cast crank, probe ultralight I beam rods, probe pistons, romac lightweight balancer, fidanza aluminum flywheel.

185's, custom cam, holley manifold, 75mm tb, 30lb injectors, 1 3/4" longtubes and a 3" mid pipe will work well for you. Or keep the twisted wedge heads. Either head will get you what you want.

With 6000 rpm's being what you want and only having 3.73 gears, you won't be able to take advantage of the 205's IMO. Its not that their too much head, its just that A) your goals don't require them and B) you don't have the supporting package for them.

I have a dyno sheet of a n/a 347 with afr 185's, holley manifold, 1 3/4" headers and an anderson N91 cam and it made 416rwhp. It peaked under 6000.

The 205's would be to big for your shift point and combo.

The 3:73's will be fine...

Are you making a street car or street/strip car?

If you want a street/strip car...follow grn92lx's advice...

The pin in the oil ring does matter, maybe slightly, but it does in the long term with a 5.4" rod.

Go with a custom cam if you can swing the price, it isn't much more...around $300-$350.

These "high numbers" your seeing are without accessories (a/c or powersteering and both sometimes)...so if you want them, don't expect the higher numbers with same combo. The N91 AMS cam isn't the most streetable) but if you want some higher power, and can deal with less streetability then go for it.

Good Luck!

Well guys i've just decided to forget tring to get my engine built at a shop and am now selling the stroker kit/block i have

i ordered a dss pro bullit 331 short block (should be here today) with n-61 cam gonna use twisted heads w anderson spring upgrade 1.6 rockers 77maf 30 lb injectors 70mm accufab tb and holley system maxII intake, any guess on my power out put ?

i will be posting my dyno sheets hopefully within 2 months when ill be hauln ass with my new engine

I don't know where you are located at, but if your looking for a good engine builder, you can talk to Rick91GT on here at www.rnhperformance.net or you can talk to Justin at www.JPCRacing.com I have not done business with Rick yet, but will here in the near future, hopefully next month. I

I had Justin do the TFS T/W CNC 185 heads, fix lower intake (don't ask), and do the 255LPH in tank pump and i was not disappointed. You can find him in Last months (not sure) issue of MM&FF.