built my own valve covers come check them out!

theres alot more room inside than a stocker. its the same/very close to the stock height its not a peak like the factory covers are.

heres a ms paint drawing showing you what i mean
View attachment 358081
the left is the factory cover and the right is the ones i made. the factory one goes to its max height then tapers down and mine stay the same height, there alot more room inside, the casting seems thick on the factory stuff and the sheet metal i used for mine was only .080"

i knew when i made them i was probably going to have to clearance the passenger side for the blower inlet tube coming from the powerpipe and the fuel rails as they go down.

the factory cover has the taper and it clears all that but mine will hit and cause problems. i knew it was going to happen. i set it there and marked where i need to slice some off and weld in a flat piece to clear that stuff. ( took upper and VCs off today, putting on injectors and did this while i am there)

the drivers side went on perfect.

• Sponsors (?)

VERY nice work. I wish I could weld like that.

Not saying that they are not worth it, but do you realize that Moroso makes them that look almost exactly the same, for the same money? If you could beat that $300 price, I'd buy a set.

If I was looking for a set of fabbed VCs I would prefer to pay foxfan than send the same amount to a big corp like Moroso. Of course its just MHO but I always try to buy from the "little guys" even if it costs a little more.

Those look really clean. Nice TIG welding skills!

I have been wanting a set of fabricated aluminum valve covers like those for a while... would you consider making more and selling them and if so how much would you want for a set?

i dont think i will polish them, i like the raw look, with the oxide from the cleaning action around the weld beads and stuff. looks like it was just freshly fabbed up, i like it better that way. i will clear coat them though!

plus to get them real shiny alot of times the sides of the beads get buffed off.

we had a local guy buy a set and he got them polished and they said the people he took them to for polishing completely buffed the welds off lol, it looks like a cast or stamped cover.

Very nice job, the welds are top notch :nice: John Goterra was making sets similar to that that would allow a tall rockers or shaft rocker and still fit under most of the EFI intakes.

How many hours do you have in them?

i took it slow i took about 6-7 hours i think maybe 8. just time spent welding was probably a couple hours lol at least it seemed like.

i had the machine pulsing, 1 nugget every 2 secs. one sec welding it and one second letting it cool. thats why it looks like a stack of dimes. takes ALOT longer but looks better.

it wasnt very effiecient making just one set, wasting time getting just a few parts. usually when i am working we will do MANY sets at a time, get all the parts you need and do each step to each cover.

Let me echo everyone else in saying that your welding skills truly rock! If you want to know what they will look like powdercoated clear then here you go.

100_0965.jpg

I bought a set of ProComp Electronics sheetmetal valve covers from a local vendor at WFC 9 in St. Louis and had them powdercoated clear. I had heard that earlier clear powdercoatings yellowed after a while. My friend that coated them in St. Louis (RNMHRD on STL Mustangs if anyone in the area needs powdercoating...he is awesome) assured me that advances in powdercoating had eliminated that problem. Well as you can see they came out great. They were bare and unpolished prior to the coating and they still look the same way over a year later. All I do is run a clean wet rag over them to get the dust off.

Attachments

• 100_0965.jpg
    100_0965.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 54
i used the engine enamel clear coat. i hope it works good i will put a couple coats on it.

silvrbulithed that engine looks good. i outa paint my typhoon black before i put it back on.