BUILT NPI DYNO NUMBERS!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

thanks man!! i realy appreciate it....
I'm still in the 280 range teetering on 300tq, the tune is still funky. Been having to do it step by step via on-road datalogging. I don't recomend this, lol. But i have a bathtub of a dip in power after 5400rpms or so where it should be still climbing it just nose dives and picks up again. It's semi-figured out, should hit a dyno next month.
But i'd say the trophy goes to you - i dont have my sights that high even +5% loss. Congratz again.

Those are some nice #'s however.......

Why would you do all that engine work and not just get some PI heads???

Seems pretty silly to me

well i got the heads for free, it started out just going to be ported heads, and the turned into cams, lt's, then i came across the block for real cheap, and then it turned into a all out motor build......

why pi heads? i made more power then alot of pi swapped cars, and it hasent even been fined tuned........

Those are some nice #'s however.......

Why would you do all that engine work and not just get some PI heads???

Seems pretty silly to me

:stupid:

You spent all that dough...if you would have got PI heads...and ported those yourself...you may be looking at 15+ more rwhp...

I think your numbers are great...but for a small amount of cash...and time on your part porting them...you would be even happier..

great numbers!

:stupid:

You spent all that dough...if you would have got PI heads...and ported those yourself...you may be looking at 15+ more rwhp...

I think your numbers are great...but for a small amount of cash...and time on your part porting them...you would be even happier..

yeah i know, but i am MORE then happy with these numbers, way more then i expected:cool:

yeah i know, but i am MORE then happy with these numbers, way more then i expected:cool:

I think its awesome not to sell out to the pi heads, I to have ported npi heads so happy to see those numbers, great job. I dont know why people cant believe ported npi heads flow as good if not better in some cases as ported pi heads. God your close to blownstanggt ecspecially when you fine tune it, imagine when your blown what you will put down.

Can we still call it a NPI engine when you've replaced the intake with a PI one? I call :bs: on the whole thing!!! :shrug:

;) Just kidding man, great job.

Don't be too certain of that. Figures have shown that because of the way their cast the added material around the NPI ports actually have the potential for greater flow when ported in comparison to the PI castings. The only thing he might have really gained with the PI heads is a bump in compression....and I'd hardly think their $700+ cost, plus gaskets, head bolts and labour is worth the 5-10hp he might have picked up with them. :shrug:

Can we still call it a NPI engine when you've replaced the intake with a PI one? I call :bs: on the whole thing!!! :shrug:

;) Just kidding man, great job.

Don't be too certain of that. Figures have shown that because of the way their cast the added material around the NPI ports actually have the potential for greater flow when ported in comparison to the PI castings. The only thing he might have really gained with the PI heads is a bump in compression....and I'd hardly think their $700+ cost, plus gaskets, head bolts and labour is worth the 5-10hp he might have picked up with them. :shrug:

but there still NPI castings:p

and i have about 10.2:1 compression with the pistons im running, (2.6cc dish) so i pretty much have the same compression as a pi swapped car...

I just cant believe people would still talk about the pi heads when you put down thoses numbers with a base tune.:shrug: And I remember people telling you hand porting could even lose horsepower.:rlaugh: In their faces :lol: Hey If I ship some heads to you could you port and polish them.:D

Wow, history in the making, great numbers.

I remember when people said NPI GTs couldn't get out of the low 15s stock (even when they were.) Then they'd never run bolt-on 13's. Then they said they'd never make 300rwhp N/A.

Thanks for proving them all wrong. Now go out and get us a solid E/T!!

Wow, history in the making, great numbers.

I remember when people said NPI GTs couldn't get out of the low 15s stock (even when they were.) Then they'd never run bolt-on 13's. Then they said they'd never make 300rwhp N/A.

Thanks for proving them all wrong. Now go out and get us a solid E/T!!

yeah, i would love to pull off a 12 second pass, but i will need some tires, 1st and 2nd gear is a joke with my 275 coopers.....

Congrats. I also proved to alot the NPI's work well. When I ported mine, I had a PI set done too. The NPI's flowed about 20cfm more on the intake side and 15cfm more on the exhaust side. All done on a flow bench of course. And the NPI's had more average cfm across the entire board. The PI's beat them up to .150" lift, after that all NPI.

Here's my dyno after putting it back together, with an S trim, non intercooled, only spraying methanol which the IAT sensor was pre methanol at the time, and was pulling timing. It had more in it for sure.

SEPT2007dyno-1.jpg

Now I've got the Novi 2000, FMIC, Bullitt intake and big fuel system. Looking for north of 650rwhp with this new combo, we'll see soon.
It's almost done!

DSC00545.jpg

Attachments

• SEPT2007dyno-1.jpg
    SEPT2007dyno-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00545.jpg
    DSC00545.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 94