bullit pedal question

ERIC92467

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2002
pa
anyone know how hard it is to remove the factory bullitt pedals.. i bought a 2001 mustang gt that dosent have them and im selling my 02 that does i want to swap them since im selling the 02 is this an easy swap or do i have to switch the entire assembly i didnt look at it yet so im wondering if anyone know's.thanks ERIC

• Sponsors (?)

If they're as hard to get off as they are to get on? No, not worth it.

My car has a Bullitt dead pedal and stock clutch/brake/gas. I just couldn't get the Bullitt brake/clutch pedals to stretch over the damn things, so I gave up. Woulda put the stock dead pedal back on if I hadn't broken it taking it off.

That's just me though. I'm easily aggravated in cramped positions.

i went from the 02 to the 01 cause i wanted a covertible and the 01 is jst what i was looking for.no the 02 i still have it is a 4.6 5 spd. and thanks for the tips on the side scoops everyone

I'd at least give it a shot. For the gas pedal, you can just unbolt the entire assembly and swap it from one car to the other - it is held on by one bolt and then you just have to remove the throttle cable (very easy swap). While the clutch and brake may be hard, at least try taking one off and see if you can get it on the other car (maybe work your way from the bottom where it is narrower and try to slide it off one end). When installing, just make sure to use some soap or other substance and just keep playing with it until you get it on, it may be easier actually since its already been stretched. I have installed two sets on both of my Mustang's (current and past), and was able to do it by taking my time as well as going crazy on the pedal, haha - use a mix.

If you cant get it on, just say the pedal slipped off on the way to the dealer and have them reinstall it! I think its worth a try for $50 - to me it would be at least. Or if you are selling private party get it back on as best as you can and let the buyer know it slipped off a little, but you should be able to do it.