Bullit Suspension Kit

Synned

took tubgirl on a date and got banned
Mar 31, 2005
Philly
Whats up guys
Found someone on the corral selling the kit, minus the bars.
Comes with the tokico shocks and struts, and the springs.

Would you guys buy used suspension parts? He claims low miles, I have a pic and they look to be in good condition.
http://stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=275

How do those springs look? Will they work on a vert?

Thanks guys, I <3 you
Joe

• Sponsors (?)

personally i would piece it together for the SS price (unless the corral one is a good deal.)

you can get the ford racing C springs for ~130 and then spend the rest on shocks/struts

I have the springs and got them used from a bullit owner. I wouldnt buy used shocks unless it was for a short time use deal...I wouldnt expect a whole lot of life out of them. Prob. better than your stock stuff though no matter what even if they are a good bit used.

the pic is with all the stock isolators and stuff, I took off the rear Isolators and will be taking off the fronts as it dropped about another 1/4-1/2in from the pic. Remember the pic is under load with SSM lift bars so the arse end raised up alittle under accel. UPR U/L rears are now also on the car since the pic.

642232_59_full.jpg

I've seen a pic recently of a 94-95 with Mach springs (Mach and Bullitt springs are arguably the same) and it wasnt enough drop for me. I do run Wade's old Mach 1 springs on my fox vert but seeing that ride height won't help ya at all.

I agree about the dampers - I feel you need to know the guy and trust him to take someone's word for it. There is a LOT of crap floating around lately (I do the used parts thing quite a bit).

Joe, I'd just hate for you to buy something and have it 'not be enough'. I've done this myself and I kicked myself for wasting time and money for something that was not much of a change. This might not at all be what happens for you, but I wanted to atleast say something.

Good luck bud.

FYIW, i bought a kit like this about a year ago... all i really used were the sway bars, shocks/struts and rear springs... the fronts absolutely sucked and never dropped/settled... so i went with sportlines... :D just my .02

I would probably piece it together unless he is asking a price that is the same as only buying springs...

Buy the c-spings and some cheap shocks/struts and you will be in good shape...

Okay thanks guys
He wanted $250 for it. If I can piece new stuff even close to that price that would be awesome.
I heard good things about the tokico shocks/struts, but I guess the springs just aren't that good. I DO want to see a sufficient drop.
For about $400 what would you guys piece together?
I'm looking at different sets of springs, are there specific convertible springs that I must get? Would buying used springs be less of a risk?
Thanks again

Joe, used Mach 1's often go for 100 shipped or less. I still dont think you'd like them. I'd want a staunch spring-rate for your vert. Which ones? I'll let the vert SN guys tell ya. :nice: I personally have NO issues with using used springs. Spring tech is a lot different today than it was some years back (springs really don't wear out or fatigue like they once did).

For shocks/struts, I personally think you want to buy something halfway decent. I have HPs with a Prokit and it's decent - I dont think I'd like a lesser damper with those springs for instance. A heavy spring rate and cheap dampers is kinda lame because the spring limits movement before the dampers really do a whole lot.

In any case, I'd definitely consider used springs but try for new struts/shocks.

Good luck bud.

The drop is not that much, but I noticed a good bit with the isolators removed. I didnt want a slammed look either soooo.

It all really comes down to what you want. For me the fact the bullitt/mach (they are the same setup from everything I have seen) is the best all around package the factory ever put in our (79-04) mustangs. You can walk into about ANY parts store and find a replacement that "should" be close to the matched setup (I would think even the cheapie autozone/advance/O'r's house brand would be ok but prob. not last as long).

I got my springs for like 50-75$ and have found REALLY good deals from around 20$ for off brand shocks to 28$ or so at Downs ford website for the rears and the avg. fronts cost like 75$-ish. Ease of replacement/cost vs. a custom setup...I would rather spend the money on a tube K and 03 lowers.

With a vert though...somthing else will probably be better.

Aight
GOing to go with a eibach prokit for now (used), and probably tokico hp's in the near future.

I should get some c/c plates as well, correct?
Which ones do you guys recommend with the prokit?
As you can see, I don't know much about suspension :p

Aight
GOing to go with a eibach prokit for now (used), and probably tokico hp's in the near future.

I should get some c/c plates as well, correct?
Which ones do you guys recommend with the prokit?
As you can see, I don't know much about suspension :p

id prob suggest the MM C/Cs.... best bang for ur $200 IMO.... plus i personally like the way they look... ull be happy w/ the tokico HPs, i got them on the stang now, VERY nice ride... its not a caddie, but what do u expect LOL... good luck bro