bullit versus PI?!?!?

kid rock

Jan 24, 2006
THE 51ST STATE!!
i am assuming this is tech due to the fact that i am pondering the performance issues between the 2!

hey guys,

1st off is it possible to put the bullit intake manifold on a 98GT??

if so then why do most people go fo the PI intake over the Bullitt??

OR

is it just for the 99-04 cars and fitting it on the 96-98 4.6 a PITA??

Cheers guys

Si

:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

The bullitt manifold + installation kit is at least 5 times the cost of the PI manifold + hardware - you need a new air tube, throttle body, plus you'll have to find a way to tap a second temp sensor in the coolant crossover (not a big deal, but with the PI manifold you can use your NPI aluminum crossover and have a pre-tapped sensor hole). Don't get me wrong, while the peak gains of the Bullitt vs. PI are not that different, I've been told that the Bullitt gives good gains throughout the power band, not to mention it would be ideal if you were to run a shot of N2O. But I think all in all, its the price to performance factor that causes most people to steer in the PI direction. I hope that helps :)

stangGT97 said:
The bullitt manifold + installation kit is at least 5 times the cost of the PI manifold + hardware - you need a new air tube, throttle body, plus you'll have to find a way to tap a second temp sensor in the coolant crossover (not a big deal, but with the PI manifold you can use your NPI aluminum crossover and have a pre-tapped sensor hole). Don't get me wrong, while the peak gains of the Bullitt vs. PI are not that different, I've been told that the Bullitt gives good gains throughout the power band, not to mention it would be ideal if you were to run a shot of N2O. But I think all in all, its the price to performance factor that causes most people to steer in the PI direction. I hope that helps :)

no thats kool geezer thanks, sombody over on the bullitt owners club forum was selling the whole kit the other week so i was wondering tis all!

does it alter the compression in the same way the PI swap does??

so in simple terms does just changing to the PI intake really make that much difference??

and on the nitrous side of things yeah it would be a LOT safer with the bullitt!

and what about the heads side of things are they any different??

cheers again lol

Si:flag:

the 4.6L in the Bullitt Mustang uses regular PI heads, w/ the special intake mated to them. Just replacing the intake alone does not cause a change in compression, but it will give you a little more power. If you're not doing the whole headswap, then I would recommend PI cams and intake, probably the best bang for the buck mod you can do to give your NPI 4.6 a kick in the pants. I did not install PI cams when i did the manifold and I've been kicking myself ever since.

Also, the PI manifold is completely fine for nitrous, but backfires do happen sometimes... the good thing is that it is really cheap to replace if it does crack. Bottom line, if you can get the Bullitt intake and all the hardware for a good price, jump on it and use if when you do a headswap

ascoldasice17 said:

didn't you just post a thread asking about that "bad boy"? so I don't think you're in any position to be recommending that to anyone. furthermore, this thread is about Bullitt vs. PI, and your comment does nothing to help clarify the differences. You'll never make respectable power with that blower until you swap cams for either PI cams or a set of comp blower cams, as those are the final major bottle neck in the NPI 4.6 (you already took the manifold out of the equation)

1700 dollars but only, 1000quid for me lol good ole exchange rate lol

cheers for all th help guys,

im assuming that the bullit throttlebody would provide more power and better response as its a dual one?? or have i been on the stuff again lol

anybody know where does the bullit stuff cheaper than ford??

cheers again

si

ps wos up with mateys "bad boy" that really work??