BULLITT CLUSTER INSTALLED!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Mr GT 02 said:
Hey GT-03

That looks awsome! I want one now! When you installed the autometer cluster is it easy? Is it basically a plug and go installation? Did you have to adjust anything? How much did you pay? :nice:

:worship: Thanks.

It was basic "plug and go". I took my time making sure I didn't scratch it, and that I didn't break anything. The instructions are quite clear and complete. It took less than an hour.

I compared the readings with the "test mode" odometer digital readings afterward. The tach was dead-on. The speedometer is off by about 2 mph. That wasn't enough, for me, to tear it all apart again to pull-off the needle and move it. So, I just left it. BTW, I never thought to check the original factory gauge cluster so I have no idea how close it agreed with the "test mode" odometer readings.

I lucked out and got mine (slightly) used off of eBay.

Here it is lit up at night:

bullittcluster3.jpg

BTW, the tach is off 250 RPM, I will fix that here shortly and the MPH is off 1.5. I will leave that alone since it will slow me down a bit :nice:

This is a REALLY easy mod that everyone should do if you can find one.

:edit:Fixed the Tach, just popped off the Plastic Mask, set the Self Diag mode or could've used my Predator, popped off the needle with a fork and put it back on at 750 RPM where it should be. NOW, the Cluster is perfect.

Just call me the Original Bullitt Cluster F U K :D

mcmmotorsports said:
Here it is lit up at night:

bullittcluster3.jpg

:edit:Fixed the Tach, just popped off the Plastic Mask, set the Self Diag mode or could've used my Predator, popped off the needle with a fork and put it back on at 750 RPM where it should be. NOW, the Cluster is perfect.

Since tonight I should be recieving the cluster I bought could you post a step process on what you did to correct the tach. Since I haven't had a chance to purchase the factory manuals I'm not 100% sure how to get it into diag mode. I can pop off the needle but I need to know how to get it into diag. mode and then what to do from there. Any info is much appreciated.

AdRock said:
Since tonight I should be recieving the cluster I bought could you post a step process on what you did to correct the tach. Since I haven't had a chance to purchase the factory manuals I'm not 100% sure how to get it into diag mode. I can pop off the needle but I need to know how to get it into diag. mode and then what to do from there. Any info is much appreciated.

Put the key in the ignition and turn it to "Run" or whatever click before cranking the engine on is. Hold the little reset button on the clutster down for a few seconds. You'll know when to let off, it'll go go "gage" or something first....all the lights will come on and the gauges will sweep all the way up then come down. You can turn the car on now, it'll continue to be in this mode until you shut the car off.

Then just push the instrument cluster button to cycle through all the modes. It'll do speedometer and metric speedometer readings too. My needles are almost dead-on.

GinoGT said:
Put the key in the ignition and turn it to "Run" or whatever click before cranking the engine on is. Hold the little reset button on the clutster down for a few seconds. You'll know when to let off, it'll go go "gage" or something first....all the lights will come on and the gauges will sweep all the way up then come down. You can turn the car on now, it'll continue to be in this mode until you shut the car off.

Then just push the instrument cluster button to cycle through all the modes. It'll do speedometer and metric speedometer readings too. My needles are almost dead-on.

Nice. Thanks for the info man. After being a mechanic for so long I feel so stupid for asking a simple question like this. However, I've never had to use the Stang cluster diag. Anyways, enough useless rambling. Thanks.

yes the bullit cluster and the mach cluster are the same...with minor variations...

on the Auto Mach-1 the redline is 5800 RPM

on the Manual it is 6800RPM

also both say "premium fuel only" right above the gas tank locator arrow

mcmmotorsports said:
I did have to swap the circuit board with my original one, but the install was a snap.

I just picked up my MACH1 cluster yesterday. :banana:

I was so stoked that when I got home I hooked it up.I just had to see what it was going to look like. :D Turned the key on and the tach and speedo needles both went to the max ,and then went back to zero.

Only problem is, when I went to start the car it would turn over, but it wouldn't start. :scratch: I put the GT cluster back in and it fired right up. I even disconnected the battery to reset the computer and it still wouldn't start. :bang:

I'm assuming that the reason it won't start is because of the circut board needs to be switched. :shrug: Could you explain what I need to do.

BTW the cluster is for a Mach1 auto, so my redline is right where it should be. :banana: :nice:

On the back of the cluster, there is a white cover that covers the circuit board. Remove the cover, carefully remove the plug in the center, carefully lift the board from the cluster and do the same for your old one. Now, reinstall your old board on the new cluster and you are straight. :D

mcmmotorsports said:
On the back of the cluster, there is a white cover that covers the circuit board. Remove the cover, carefully remove the plug in the center, carefully lift the board from the cluster and do the same for your old one. Now, reinstall your old board on the new cluster and you are straight. :D

That's it? :scratch:

No disconnecting the battery,cycling the key on and off, or anything else?

GinoGT said:

I did this tonight and noticed one thing. You have to hold the reset button down while you turn the key to the accessory position. Then when "test" pops up on the display you have to let go of the reset button before the test text dissapears.