BULLITT CLUSTER INSTALLED!!!!

AdRock said:
I did this tonight and noticed one thing. You have to hold the reset button down while you turn the key to the accessory position. Then when "test" pops up on the display you have to let go of the reset button before the test text dissapears.

:doh: Forgot about that :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

aren't those lunar guages like $400???
I don't get it, what's the point in spending all that cash on guages?? They all do the same thing, tell you how fast your going and your RPM... is there something im missing here?
I see people bashing others for putting neons inside their cars, how is this any different?

sixstringthing said:
I don't get it, what's the point in spending all that cash on guages?? They all do the same thing, tell you how fast your going and your RPM... is there something im missing here?
I see people bashing others for putting neons inside their cars, how is this any different?

We spend tons of money on fast cars, which we really only need to get from point A to point B. Not even that, you could use public transportation, you don't even NEED a car.

It's all luxuries.

sixstringthing said:

Why put rims or a different hood on your car...they all do the same thing...Autometer Gauges = :nice:
Neons = :notnice: Everytime someone sees them, they always asks where i got them from and they look great and thats from Mustang guys.

Brandon

Well, I swapped the circut board from my GT cluster to the Mach cluster. Thanks mcmmotorsports! :nice:

Everything is good to go, except my fuel gauge needle is off a **** hair. :bang:

I went and filled the car up this afternoon and it won't read completely full. It's about a 1/16th of an inch below the line. Anyone know how to fix. :shrug:

sixstringthing said:

:rolleyes:

That's because if you put neon anywhere on your car means you're
supergay.gif

You can add if you own a Neon to that also! :rlaugh: :lol:

Attachments

• supergay.gif
    supergay.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 63
GT JAY said:
Well, I swapped the circut board from my GT cluster to the Mach cluster. Thanks mcmmotorsports! :nice:

Everything is good to go, except my fuel gauge needle is off a **** hair. :bang:

I went and filled the car up this afternoon and it won't read completely full. It's about a 1/16th of an inch below the line. Anyone know how to fix. :shrug:

First: I am glad I can help with this AWESOME mod. :nice:
Second: I am pissed that you have the BALLS to post that they are installed but have no pics for everyone to :drool: over. :nonono:
Third: Make sure your tank is full to the TOP and remove the clear lens a.k.a. Mask from the cluster. This can be done without disconnecting the cluster and battery BUT, you will have to remove the dash panel and pull the cluster out a bit to get to the screws. Once the cluster is out, you can gain access to the mask screws. Carefully remove the mask to expose the needles. Turn your ignition on to make sure the gauge is at the full mark. Now, either use a fork or your two fingers and CAREFULLY pull the fuel needle straight up off of the cluster. VERY,VERY CAREFULLY place the needle back on the cluster in the FULL position.
Thats it, enjoy. :D

In response to other posts on this thread about the gauges being a idiot light with a needle this is what I know. This oil pressure gauge is basically just that. The car does not have a actual oil pressure sender. It has a oil pressure switch that is triggered at 6psi of oil pressure. When the switch closes it sends signal to gauge. On back of instrument cluster there is a resister soldered across the back of the of circuit board for the oil pressure gauge. This resister keeps the gauge from pegging and holds it about 3/5s over in the normal range. So to the average joe the oil pressure is always fine. The rest of the gauges are pretty legit. The fuel gauge does decend at a certain rate depending how much gas u have in the tank. If you go into your cluster diagnostics mode u can see the water temp in degrees celcius which will rise right with temp gauge. The volt meter works other than u dont know what it is reading exactly.

mcmmotorsports said:
First: I am glad I can help with this AWESOME mod. :nice:

Third: Make sure your tank is full to the TOP and remove the clear lens a.k.a. Mask from the cluster. This can be done without disconnecting the cluster and battery BUT, you will have to remove the dash panel and pull the cluster out a bit to get to the screws. Once the cluster is out, you can gain access to the mask screws. Carefully remove the mask to expose the needles. Turn your ignition on to make sure the gauge is at the full mark. Now, either use a fork or your two fingers and CAREFULLY pull the fuel needle straight up off of the cluster. VERY,VERY CAREFULLY place the needle back on the cluster in the FULL position.
Thats it, enjoy. :D

:worship: Thanks.

Tanks full. I've only driven about 10 mines since I filled it up. But I'll top it off before I fix the needle in the morning

Second: I am pissed that you have the BALLS to post that they are installed but have no pics for everyone to :drool: over. :nonono:

:shrug: I just got it done at 1:30 this afternoon and then drove right to the gas station,then to work.

I'm not the smartest person around when it come to downloading pictures or putting them on a host site. But I'll definately post some when I get a chance. I'm going to be making a car domaine page for my car in a few days. :nice:

Thanks again for all you help. :nice:

Just got done installing my cluster also. Looks great and I'm about to head out and get some gas. The tach was off a little but got that corrected. I'd post some pics but they all came out blurry. My digicam isn't the greatest.

EDIT--- The fuewl is off just the slightest little bit on the low side. But it's cool since it's very rare that I ever let it get lower then 1/4 tank anyway.