Bullitt/Mach1 C pillar swap

• Sponsors (?)

The bullitt/mach 1 c-pillars fit a GT. There will be no gaps!

2417204_74_full.jpg

2417204_73_full.jpg

i was actually refering to the exterior c- pillars/ sail panels. I was thinking of swapping them to a GT just tobe a little different but im not sure it there will be any gaps or spaces

I knew what u are talking about, but I thought that on the inside of the car, the buliit/mach windows would line up differently with the interior plastic...It wouldnt really matter anyway if it did because nobody would see it....

I would do it, because the Mach/Bullit C pillars look waaaaaaay better & more aggressive IMO...

I knew what u are talking about, but I thought that on the inside of the car, the buliit/mach windows would line up differently with the interior plastic...It wouldnt really matter anyway if it did because nobody would see it....

I would do it, because the Mach/Bullit C pillars look waaaaaaay better & more aggressive IMO...

ohhh, good thinking... Yeah, i definately agree with you on them being more aggressive looking. im guessing Ebay is the best place to pick them up

late model restoration has the pillars but they want $215 a piece...best place would be ebay or a junkyard i would think

Try Mach1registry.com. There might be some wrecked Machs on there that are being parted out. Ebay will be good too, but I think @ the junkyard it would be hard to find any Mach 1 or Bullitt parts since they arent very common....

i've found a set with glass for $200 and a set of just c pillars for $143

which set should i get?

if i get the ones with the glass i will have to get my whole car re tinted b/c my tint is a little faded and wont match up if i just tint the samll windows.

need input ASAP. gotta make a choice tonight!!

There is one area that they will not cover,and that is at the bottom portion of the "C" pillar where it meets at the top portion of the quarter panel.The standard "C" pillars are more edgy,and the ones for the Bullitt,and Mach 1's are more rounded as they rap towards the rear glass.
See the pic below where i circled.....using 2001StanGT as an example....
View attachment 281500
I was going to install a set as i had the glass,and pillars,but i didn't like how i saw primer where Bullitt's/Mach1's don't cover.And i really didn't want to mess with the stock paint as my paint is still like new to this day.Plus i like the look from the stock "C" pillars from the back as they are edgier,but do like the look of the Bullitt/Mach 1 pillars from the side view.To bad Ford does little changes like this,or maybe they do it for a reason LOL!
As for the basic tear down goes,it's easy.

There is one area that they will not cover,and that is at the bottom portion of the "C" pillar where it meets at the top portion of the quarter panel.The standard "C" pillars are more edgy,and the ones for the Bullitt,and Mach 1's are more rounded as they rap towards the rear glass.

This is true. I still have a primered area that needs to be painted. With the car being silver it isn't all that noticable but I know its there. But as far as installation goes its an exact swap. the glass dot matrix design is different but with dark tint it looks just fine.

I found my pillars on Ebay about a year ago. Another GT owner had them previously. Got them both for $125. I'd say from Ford they are going to be around $150-200 a piece if not more. Best place to find them is Ebay.

Sorry, i don't have any close up pics