Bullitt Value?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by sparx, Jan 15, 2014.

1. sparx

sparx Member

I am thinking of letting my 2008 Bullit go, it has about 12, 900 miles on it and it is still extremely fresh. I am just too lazy to drive the car and want to get another Mustang wtih an automatic. If I had the space I would keep the Bullitt, and just get another car but no space is available. I very much like this car, it has zero issues and is great to drive but being over 60, and having some health issues, driving a stick can be a bit of a chore for me. I want a Mustang I can drive all the time and enjoy it while I can. The car is 100% stock.

I have had the car for coming onto two years, and it came from Carolina so it has never seen snow, maybe not even rain. I got it from a collector that sold off all his cars due to illness. I have ALL the papers (lot of pepers) on it window sticker, hang tags and even the papers used to negotiate the original order from the original buyer.

I wonder if the car is still worth around 21,000?
    Sparx

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Somewhere on a hill in the PA wildnerness
    I believe he said HE is having some health issues, not the car :confused:
  3. sparx

sparx Member

The car has not one issue, I have fibromyalgia, thus I am in pain 24/7, so the shifting makes things a little more difficult.

Car has passed the emissions test here in Arizona, why wouldn't it?

$17000. sounds low to me.
    sparx
  4. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Somewhere on a hill in the PA wildnerness
    Sparx, sorry to hear of your health issues. I have family with fibromyalgia, try acupuncture, it helps big time
  5. sparx

sparx Member

Thanks Madspeed, well I have had it since 1976, diagnosed in 1991. I have tried acupuncture, it does help some but anything you throw at it is a temp fix.
    sparx
  6. sparx

sparx Member

I ran it through KBB, and they came up with $21,300 for a PRIVATE SALE.
    That is good news. My car is excellent and with all the papers and stuff for someone that is a car nut it should sell for a decent amount.

This getting old crap really puts a dent in one's hobbies. Oh, well I know of too many friends in my age group that have worse issues. :(
    Sparx
  7. Az Pete

Az Pete Member

Yep....old sucks.

We just sold our '11 GT/CS manual 6 speed Coupe and picked up an '08 Gt Vert auto with 17,300 miles. Wife has fibromyalgia and arthritis so the manual was an issue for her. I have a left knee that comes and goes.... The auto vert is great....we gave right at a dollar a mile. Our plans were to watch for a deal and one came buy a week after we sold the '11.

I see no reason why you should have much issue selling yours for the value you find. Just hold for the right buyer.
  8. Bullitt347

Bullitt347 Mustang Master

$21K is about right to a bit low. The Bullitt's hold their value fairly well. I paid $21K for an 08' Bullitt with 42k miles on it just over 1 year ago..........but it had a bunch of upgrades along with all of the stock parts so it could be put back to stock if need be. I also think I got a good deal on the car as it belonged to a friend of mine who bought it new, and I helped do all of the mods, so I knew the car intimately. Picture it lowered 1.5" and tint the windows then add some Enkei wheels, pretty bad ass look.
  9. kwiltse08gtcs

kwiltse08gtcs Member

Sorry if I didn't read carefully. It was all bunched into one sentence so I was just thinking about the car. 17k does seem low, but you have to find the right buyer. I just looked on ebay and saw a bullitt with 111,000k miles on it and trying to sell for 22,500. Sell it privately and you're good to go.
  10. sparx

sparx Member

Yeah, I really hate to let it go, wish I had more garage space I would just get another with a 5.0 and auto. But, no room. Darn car is super clean, got it from a guy that had 25 mustangs, had to quit driving due to Alzheimer's. He sure took care of it very well, doubt he ever drove it in the rain.

sparx