Bullitt vs Corvette

QU!CK said:
Let's say I keep the Bullitt and dump ~1.5k into the suspension and another 4k into a "safe" supercharger + tune. What happens when/if I want to resale the car?
Then I guess you've got to ask yourself. "Do I want a driver that I can build myself, for half the price, or something with high resale that's going to cost me twice as much from the get go?"

• Sponsors (?)

Personally I'd keep the bullitt and buy a bike. I personally like harleys but if you want a street bike i would go with a Ducati Monster 620 Dark. They aren't that expensive ($7k) and you will be riding a ducati and not some japo bike that every kid has. The buell lightnings are cool too. Throw cams in the bullitt if you want it to be faster without breaking the bank.

billfisher said:
can you say blown up read end?

hooked up 04 z06+high rpm drop= trip to dealer.

just look it up.

well, it has happened. No question. You want to play you got to pay. However, I had over 100 passes in my 02 Z06 with the stock rear end and was yanking as low as 1.62 60fts on 17" 315 BFG drs...no failure. Drove home everytime. That car with just an air intake and the DRs ran 11.69 at 118 on a 1.65 60ft.

I would always slip the car out the first ten feet, I'd rather brutalize the clutch and limit my runs to one or two a night (because most of the time I was getting kicked out ofr no roll bar) and save the rear than go for a hero clutch drop at 5800 and shock the whole system with a dead hook. I'd also run alot more psi in the dr's than most would venture...ie - like 25psi. I'd have jokers in the pits telling me "you got to run 16psi or it won't hook. You're gonna spin at 25psi...". I'd then rip off mid 1.6s slipping it out from about 6000. Those were the days :D

If your gonna get a vette you have to get a zo6 and that gets expensive. There is no point in buying a c5 cause ive smoked a few of them. I havent found an old man with a zo6 thats willing to race yet. Do you want to be a member of that croud? yeah it might handle better but you could make a mustang handel better for the price diff with the vette. you could probably buy a supercharger and a torque arm for the money youd save not buying a vette. then youd run circles around him.

Dads Vette Vs. Uncles Cobra

I know you guys all might think im dumb just because im only 13, but if I were you I'd keep the stang, my dad has an 02 vette and my uncle has a 04' I love my Dad's Zo6, but my uncles 04 cobra is way sweeter, its louder than my dads vette, and if you really pin it you get way more looks than you'll ever ever get in a vette, i dont really like my dad's vette, although my friends always wanna get riddin home in it:shrug:

akb93 said:
I know you guys all might think im dumb just because im only 13, but if I were you I'd keep the stang, my dad has an 02 vette and my uncle has a 04' I love my Dad's Zo6, but my uncles 04 cobra is way sweeter, its louder than my dads vette, and if you really pin it you get way more looks than you'll ever ever get in a vette, i dont really like my dad's vette, although my friends always wanna get riddin home in it:shrug:

I understand what you're saying.

My stang turns more heads than one of my buddies C5 Vette, whenever we both go cruising. My exhaust note, low aggressive stance, and wide rear tires isn't something you see on the streets all the time.

Also, a few weeks ago I had my stang in a car show. A clean torch red C5 Vette was parked right beside me. And my stang still drew a larger crowd and more attention.

Of course, it doesn't mean my Mustang is better than a Vette, but I'm just proving it can still be a "cool" car, if you build it right.

QU!CK said:
Now that I've got your attention, I'll explain the thread title in hopes of not being burned at the cross :ban: :D

As some of you know, I currently drive a 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt and just got a new job. I love my Bullitt but been doing some serious debating lately. Right now my car is about as quick as a stock C5 Vette

Okay, okay... my sides are hurting right now. Your 260rwhp heavier Mustang is as fast as a 300rwhp lighter Corvette?

Riiiiiight. I think you might want to go take a test drive and then re-evaluate that statement. :nice:

As for buying a Vette and dumping the Bullitt, why not go for the best of both worlds, keep both a Mustang and a Vette, like me :)