bump

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by OkieHick, Aug 16, 2011.

1. OkieHick

OkieHick Member

Anyone notice a slight bump from the auto tranny as you come to a stop? The bumps vary from none to noticeable...only as I am coming to a stop. I think it's the tranny downshifting into a lower gear but not sure.
  2. OkieHick

OkieHick Member

BTW it's a 2012 V6 Premium...
  3. BlownFiveLiter

BlownFiveLiter have car, will race....wait, it doesn't run

I would inquire with a dealer. There's been some issues with the transmissions in the new Mustangs, enough so that the NHTSA is investigating. If nothing more, it gets a complaint documented, so if something is wrong, there's an established history. It could be nothing, but why not check it out since it's a new car?
  4. FordCustSrvc

FordCustSrvc Member

Hi OkieHick!

Without hearing the noise, I'd only be guessing if it is normal. Since you are a bit concerned, I recommend having your dealer test drive your Mustang to confirm that everything is functioning correctly. And you know I'm here to help if needed. :)

~Natasha
  5. echo7

echo7 Member

My 05 stang always seems to lunge as it slows down. Usually around the 5-0mph range as it's down shifting. I think my foot automatically releases some pressure from the brake to smooth it out, lol.
  6. OkieHick

OkieHick Member

"Lunge" is a better word...it's not a noise. My 93 Ranger does it also but to a lesser extent. I'm not really concerned with it: it's downshifting.

I had a 94 Taurus that started lunging enough to kinda launch my into an intersection if I didn't have the brake on. That turned out to be a $1500 tranny repair bill. Since that incident I've been leary of lunges of any kind!