Burnout Vid

• Sponsors (?)

Was that with e-brake engaged? If not, try that next time......

In my RX-7 (rear drive, though) I used to do that all the time.... the rear bumper would clip the pavement if I bumped it too hard, though..... what's crazy is that it was only lowered 3/4" and had stock body kit..... :shrug:

Looks like there was no parking brake involved there. The rear wheels rotate freely from the get go.

But doesn't that just show you how pointless front wheel drive is in a performance car? The thing is spinning the crap out of the tires, and it still manages to look whimpy. (not that it takes ANY power to spin the front tires)

1. The parking brake was on, it just sucks,

2. Its not a performance car, its a luxury sporty coupe. FYI its faster in a straight line & curved line than any stock 94-98 GT.

3. And how is it easy to do that in a fwd car with LSD? 60% of the weight is over the drive wheels, unlike a mustang where only 40% of the weight is over the drive wheels.

4. Please tell me how it looks wimpy? Two 30' black marks and lots of smoke is wimpy? The burnout I did right before that was twice as smoky too, and the back wheels did lock up, I just didnt video it because I wasnt sure it would even sit still long enough to get smoke.

Joe 5.0 said:
1. The parking brake was on, it just sucks,

2. Its not a performance car, its a luxury sporty coupe. FYI its faster in a straight line & curved line than any stock 94-98 GT.

3. And how is it easy to do that in a fwd car with LSD? 60% of the weight is over the drive wheels, unlike a mustang where only 40% of the weight is over the drive wheels.

4. Please tell me how it looks wimpy? Two 30' black marks and lots of smoke is wimpy? The burnout I did right before that was twice as smoky too, and the back wheels did lock up, I just didnt video it because I wasnt sure it would even sit still long enough to get smoke.
Acura stives to put its TL in the same category as the BMW 3 series. Not a performance car? Are we on the same planet here? (The Acura web site refers to ALL of their cars as "performance" - save the TSX. Was that a TSX? Sorry for the miss-speak if it was.)

But anyway, narrow 4-season tires hold little torque. Add to that, the weight transfer is in the wrong direction. So ya, it's beyond easy, it's an absolute given that you will get 30' wheel spin (regardless of your torque rating). Hence, W I M P Y.

Simple enough?

GRGT1994 said:
Acura stives to put its TL in the same category as the BMW 3 series. Not a performance car? Are we on the same planet here?

But anyway, narrow 4-season tires hold little torque. Add to that, the weight transfer is in the wrong direction. So ya, it's beyond easy, it's an absolute given that you will get 30' wheel spin (regardless of your torque rating). Hence, W I M P Y.

Simple enough?

I've driven plenty of FWD 4 cylinders that wouldn't spin the tires at all, let alone for 30'. Even with some crappy 155 tires on there, they wouldn't spin. That's not bad.

GRGT1994 said:
Acura stives to put its TL in the same category as the BMW 3 series. Not a performance car? Are we on the same planet here? (The Acura web site refers to ALL of their cars as "performance" - save the TSX. Was that a TSX? Sorry for the miss-speak if it was.)

Simple enough?

Yeah I guess its wimpy as hell. Too bad it dyno's as much as bolt-ons 5.0's (in hp that is), and should run 13's with TWO mods totalling $400 (lightweight wheels/dr's + CAI).

But I guess theres a hater in every crowd. :notnice:

But if I posted a vid of my mustang doing the same thing on stock POS tires it'd be manly. :shrug:

Dude, I don't hate the car. It's a great package for what it is. But comparing it to a Mustang, come on. I guess I was just trying to point out how silly a FF car looks, hopelessly scratching for traction as all of it transfers to the passive rear wheels.

And if what you say is right, then yes, it is truly impressive that different tires and a cold air setup would drop nearly 2 seconds off an E.T. (Query whether it's realistic)

Anyway, if you can't appreciate the difference between the two types of cars (even though you own one of each) then no amount of pithy remarks from me will ever get you there. Peace.

Well maybe I'm insane, its just that every other fwd car even with decent power usually cant break em loose like that. I understand the difference between the two, and trust me I know the mustang is much more of a true performance car than my CL will ever be. Actually I have 19's that are going on, along with a couple subs & lowering springs, so its MUCH more of a cruiser.

And FWIW, it ran 14.5 @ 96.5mph 100% bone stock, 14.2 @ 98.5 with dr's on stock 17's, and I'm hoping that the CAI + lighter wheels will get some 13.9's. If it doesnt I'll sell the extra wheels/tires, I'm just toying around with it. :)

LOL!!

I've never seen a car like that post a burnout video. Cool stuff.

I've driven plenty of FWD 4 cylinders that wouldn't spin the tires at all, let alone for 30'. Even with some crappy 155 tires on there, they wouldn't spin. That's not bad.

Really? Automatic or manual? I've been able to get some rubber in ANY manual car I've ever driven...I've driven plenty of automatics that won't (even rear drivers that I've tried brake torquing).

Fack, I was able to lay a decent patch rolling in second in my buddy's 2000 Civic EX....

When my 5.0 was stock I had to brake torque it to spin em up.