BurnOut??

The Stang GT

Nov 29, 2005
Hey guys...I was just wondering how some of you guys perform those perfect, 1 minute long burnouts, where the car does not move and the rear tires just spin??? I am not to sure on how to do those, so do you mind sharing some light?? Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

If you have a manual you need to keep ur left foot on the brake AND on the gas. Use your heel to on the brake and toe on the gas, slip the clutch and make sure you press the brakes hard while giving it gas. It takes some coordination but once u get t u can sit there all day and roast them. Just watch the rev limiter.

merc123 said:
If you have a manual you need to keep ur left foot on the brake AND on the gas. Use your heel to on the brake and toe on the gas, slip the clutch and make sure you press the brakes hard while giving it gas. It takes some coordination but once u get t u can sit there all day and roast them. Just watch the rev limiter.

I think ya mean right on the brake and gas and left on the clutch

Exactly why do you want to burn your tires forever? Have you got an unlimited supply of money, or are you just doing it for show?

Long smokey burn outs may look cool to your buds, but it isn't going to do anything for your wallet, or traction at the drag strip.

does the brake only do the front tires or do u have to give it enough gas to spin the tires even with the brake on? and does turnin the traction control off hurt the car in any way? i wanna get some spin goin around corners and was wonderin if thats how to do it.

traction controll off wont hurt anything. just try spinning with it on. i have gotten in mine a few times and went to slide it sideways of forgot to turn the traction off. it almost threw me thru the windshield!!! i think the traction controll retards the timing of sometrhing

I did my first burnout in my Mustang the other night. All too easy...

All I did was rev it up to around 3k, dump the clutch real quick, and jump on the brake really quick. Didnt move till I let off, and I held the burnout at around 5-5500 RPM's.

I was suprised how easy it was.

Also did my first donut and drift the next night. Had to get it all out of my system, lol. The donut was awesome, and the drift felt 100% controlable. I was amazed at how it tracked exactly where I wanted it to go.

When I do burnouts at the track, what i do is:

Rev it up to about 5000rpm, dump the clutch and throw my left foot on the brake pedal. Once I get it to start spinning, I lower the rpm down to about 3000rpm and raise it accordingly, to how hot I want the tires or how much smoke I want. I try to keep it as low as possible, I hate doing 5500rpm burnouts