Buyer's Remorse

stdwdh16

Mar 26, 2006
Two weeks ago I picked up a 2004 vert GT 5speed. I love it. The car handles like a dream and drives fantastically. Now, after having the car for such a short time, I wish I would have bought one of the new 3V stangs. I don't want to race this car, it will just be a cruiser, but I would like the extra power afforded by the 3V with out the modifications. Should I feel like I made a mistake?

• Sponsors (?)

Only if you like the looks, the car payment you would be making and the insurance.

Performance wise, the 3v's have more potential for a stock motor, but the 2v has a much greater following in the aftermarket for now until the 3v 's HP gets upped in the next few years.

05 GT: 3450 lbs.
03 Mach 1: 3465 lbs.
:rlaugh: , sorry Dustin; had ta

Its all good, but I wasnt referring to the weight of the car, but the bulky looks of the 05+. Dont get me wrong an 05+ can be made to look good, but they just look too big to me. Especially in the back, I cant stand the stock rear end. Of course I would love to have either an S197 Saleen, GT500, or the bad**s Parnelli Jones, but the stock 05+ GT just doesnt do it for me.

Performance wise, the 3v's have more potential for a stock motor, but the 2v has a much greater following in the aftermarket for now until the 3v 's HP gets upped in the next few years.

I would have to disagree with you. Considering the 3V has only been around a few years, there is/are already available:

1. FRPP heads
2. Cams
3. Turbo kits
4. S/C kits
5. Full suspension kits, including SLA.

IMO, the aftermarket has graciously accepted the 3V far faster than they did the 2V. I don't think there was a 2V complete turbo kit up until a few years ago.

Its all good, but I wasnt referring to the weight of the car, but the bulky looks of the 05+. Dont get me wrong an 05+ can be made to look good, but they just look too big to me. Especially in the back, I cant stand the stock rear end. Of course I would love to have either an S197 Saleen, GT500, or the bad**s Parnelli Jones, but the stock 05+ GT just doesnt do it for me.

I definintly agree, the ones i like are never close to stock exteriors. Ima try to buy an 05/06 when i get outta college. Just hope i have enough money from so appearence mods, especially suspension, because they need some body work IMO

I would have to disagree with you. Considering the 3V has only been around a few years, there is/are already available:

1. FRPP heads
2. Cams
3. Turbo kits
4. S/C kits

IMO, the aftermarket has graciously accepted the 3V far faster than they did the 2V. I don't think there was a 2V complete turbo kit up until a few years ago.

U might as well say it, the whole aftermarket rides the new 3V's jock LOL!!!! U even got ricer companies who never had anything to do with Stangs making S197 aftermarket parts. Man when I had my old 96 GT in 2004 it sucked because there wasnt much good stuff out there for the 2V's or even the 4V's for that matter. It seems like it took them years to finally get a substantial amount of 2V & 4V modular parts out, but it seemed liked they had 3V parts developed before the cars even hit the streets.

Is anyone else curious what GT this is that "handles like a dream?"

+1...No stock stang handles like a dream, especially a vert....That said, I would rather have a new edge than a bulky S197.

Relatively speaking of course. I had enough to get a new gt vert, but I hate the body style. I love the new edge cars. I like the ride in the vert, doesn't corner as well as the coupe, but god it's fun to drive.

Very true, but since I dont own a S197 my eyes are always looking at 2v parts, lmao.

But, the aftermarket isnt getting the amount of sales as the 2v because the 2v cars are paid off for the most part and much more common for now.

I just wish FRPP would have made a PD blower for new edge cars.

1. FRPP heads
2. Cams
3. Turbo kits
4. S/C kits

+1

We still don't have a good aftermarket intake manifold :notnice: