Buyer's Remorse

Well, look at it this way... You most likely saved a lot of money over what the 3V would have cost plus the 05+ are ugly. For some reason they look uglier and uglier every time I see one :puke:

• Sponsors (?)

Two weeks ago I picked up a 2004 vert GT 5speed. I love it. The car handles like a dream and drives fantastically. Now, after having the car for such a short time, I wish I would have bought one of the new 3V stangs. I don't want to race this car, it will just be a cruiser, but I would like the extra power afforded by the 3V with out the modifications. Should I feel like I made a mistake?

why not make the modifications? it will be cheaper than trading to a 05+. the 05+'s stock compared to a 99-04 isn't much faster.

Its all good, but I wasnt referring to the weight of the car, but the bulky looks of the 05+. Dont get me wrong an 05+ can be made to look good, but they just look too big to me. Especially in the back, I cant stand the stock rear end. Of course I would love to have either an S197 Saleen, GT500, or the bad**s Parnelli Jones, but the stock 05+ GT just doesnt do it for me.

+1

If I got a new GT I'd automatically need foglight delete, spoiler delete, then a ducktail also a new hood, maybe the steeda.

FWIW, by "... handles like a dream," I meant that it handles much better than anything else I have owned, including a '94 GT vert that I sold to my brother. I have not had much opportunity to drive many other stangs, so I have no idea how a really good handling car feels. Sorry for sounding like a squid. By the way, I have decided to keep the car and mod it to make up for the power differential. I am still in the planning stages as far as mods go though. Paying my way through college keeps me pretty strapped for cash.

glad to hear you're keeping her

if i had a vert i'd concentrate on chassis stiffening (stronger sub-frame connecters, strut tower bar, etc.) and suspension first

a short throw shifter would make a good first mod though. i have an MGW and love it