BUYING A 08 TOYOTA TUNDRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well like the title says I'm buying an 08 Toyota Tundra full size quad cab 4x4 it will be used as a daily driver to and from work and for towing my sleds up north in the winter and my camper trailer in the summer! my question is does anyone all ready own one or know someone who does? What do you think of it? anything to watch for? i know it will tow 10,800lbs and has a pay load cap of about 3000-3500 lbs so it will do what i want and more just curious to see what others think! will post pics of it by the weekend ! i take delivery of it tomorrow after work! thanks James :canada: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have heard alot of good things about the tundras. Im sure it will serve you well. Toyotas in genral are exceptional vehicals.

I know 2 people that own them, they used to drive american pickups and vow to never return. So I think its a pretty good deal, the differance b/t american and japanese is cost of ownership. American cars have a historically High cost of ownership, where as the japanese cars have the lowest.

good luck,

i drove one for two days (rental) and i liked it alot. other than it being ugly as sin it was ok. the interior looks kinda bland but it was a base truck (still had the big v8 though) and what new vehicle doesnt look that way these days. power was great too. i drove it 55o miles to get my 4 banger coupe and trailored it home with no problems. real strong

i test drove it for like 2 days on the weekend and fell in love with it! the wife said go ahead and get it so i did! my old exploder was getting tired its a 97 so its served its purpose! it was costing to much money to keep up! 5000$ just in the last year! new motor (cause it lived up to its nick name and exploded!!) new transfer case cause it puked! all new tie rods and ball joints ! new muffler, new tires! and now the tranny is starting to slip so its time to put it out of its misery! the Toyota i got is the 5.7L 381hp 6 speed tranny cant wait until tomorrow to go to the dealer and pick it up! i saved a lot of money on it cause my brother in law works at Toyota so that knocked 4G's off the price and they had $1000 cash back i put towards it and $2000 for my old exploder which i thought was a really good deal!

Dont do this
tundra_f150_crash.jpg

I have a 2000 Ext Cab 4x4 Tacoma that I bought new and the only 2 things that needed replaced in the last 8 Years have been the Windshield Washer Reservior and the Power Steering Pump. I am thinking really hard about a new 08 Access Cab Tacoma 4x4 with the 6 Speed Manual.

ever seen the "silver creek" videos on youtube?

might wanna look at those before you buy your 1400-rivet suspension "TRIPPLE TECH" BS.

fords got the best chassis. if you want a fast truck, get a lightning.

I have an 07 crewmax 4x4 and LOVE IT! I was leary of it @ first after the talk of bad camshafts and the infmaous crash test but the truck is GREAT. The only draw back I have found is its love of gas pumps! lol 15 miles to the gallon with 20" kmc hot wheels with nitto terra grapplers. I'll post a pic later

Toyota is buying back a large number of their trucks for cracked frames?! Not rust, not rot, but actual cracks through the frame rails!!! I am not sure exactly what years and specific models, however. This is not a recall, Toyota is actually buying back the truck from the owner (who has owned the truck for 2 yrs or more) for 150% of market value!!!
I will be sticking with American made trucks, thank-you very much.

edit: After doing a little quick research, it is the 1995-2000 Tacoma that has the cracking frame problem. Still makes me extremely wary of Toyota as a brand, in whole. Their early trucks used to rot out in record time and now this?! Makes me wonder what is next...

Status
Not open for further replies.