Buying a 95 gt with mods, need help

• Sponsors (?)

is there anyone on here that knows how to verify that it is an A4 block? if you can verify that it is then i would say it would be worth the 10k even if it isn't making the power that he claims. also make sure to verify that it has aluminum heads, you should be able to tell just by looking at them.

just got back from work. The hood is actually a 2 and 1/2in. fiberglass cobra rr hood w/svo. open scoop, he sent me better pictures and he is correct. He seems to know what he is talking about and seems positive about the hp being 379 rw and says he has dyno sheets, i just haven't seen them. I am gonna call him tomorrow about them. So you guys are positve he is wrong about hp? Thanks for input

db=dave=06 said:
just got back from work. The hood is actually a 2 and 1/2in. fiberglass cobra rr hood w/svo. open scoop, he sent me better pictures and he is correct. He seems to know what he is talking about and seems positive about the hp being 379 rw and says he has dyno sheets, i just haven't seen them. I am gonna call him tomorrow about them. So you guys are positve he is wrong about hp? Thanks for input
sorry, i just can't see that kind of hp from his setup.

anyone who has actually built a high hp engine knows that 24# injectors cannot support 379 hp, unless you have the fuel pressure cranked up really high, which is not something a professional engine builder would recommend.

400hp is 42# injector territory.

db=dave=06 said:

im not going to call the guy a liar. but that kind of power out of a NA 306 with those injectors....thats awful impressive. i just dont see how. maybe flywheel horsepower but i know u said rwhp. i just wonder if hes getting the 2confused?

did u find out if the car has a clear title??

I would find out EXACTLY how to identify the block as being an A4. If it is an A4 block and it has aluminum heads, then it might be worth $10K. I too kind of doubt those HP numbers. A look at the dyno sheet would tell alot; the shape of the graph, the RPM at which it makes peak power and torque, etc. By actually seeing the graphs you can at least have a better guess as to what is going on and if it really is a NA dyno graph.

i realize it is 200 mile away, but take a trip this weekend to go and see it. take some money with you and check it out. with something questionable like this, you should see it in person. IMO.

I don't see it making that much rwhp. the intake is kinda small. the injectors are defineatly small. the heads are mediocre. the cam is mild. just doesn't add up.

come to think of it, why would you spend all that money on a bottom end with an A4 block and then only put a b303 cam in it? or performer heads. either the guy has money that he doesn't know what to do with or he doesn't have much car sense

Like everyone said no way that much hp. Also, I read in there "alum crank" which again is quite impossible. I dont think this guy knows what hes talking about. As far as the dyno sheets go...maybe the correction factor is way off...or maybe they made the pull in the wrong gear, or didn't account for a ring and pinion swap, etc...etc. Knowing this guy he may have told the dyno guys a wrong ring and pinion ratio and they didn't bother to check.

I think iam gonna check the car out this weekend. He says i wont be disapointed and to bring someone that knows more about cars than i do to check it out from top to bottom. He says it is a a-4 block[with reciept] I asksd about the injectors he said they were fine for that much hp and told me he has a bbk 255 gal. fuel pump. Any thing else i should look for whene checking out car. If he is wrong about hp is it still a good deal or should i try to get it lowered. I am off to work , thanks for any opinions

Took me a while to figure out this was posted in talk also :rlaugh:

anyway

The Aluminum crank as well as other stuff sounds doubtful at best :D

379rwhp ... how is that possible with what we see :shrug:

Maybe those values were corrected
Maybe the pull was done with no belt
You could go on & on:)

Maybe it is mostly :bs:

I'd be checking that car real good if I was you ;)

As for the price ................

Some say aftermarket parts devalue a car :shrug:

As for me ... I'd not value them any more than 50% ... if that much

More than the price of the parts effecting the cost of the car, what I would be leary of is the quality of work.

Things need to be like they need to be and if I do the work .........

I sleep much better at night :rlaugh:

Good Luck with your decision :nice:

Grady

279rwhp sounds about right.

as for the a4 block--who knows maybe he got a heck of a deal on it.

receipts mean nothing to me for internal engine parts--i really have no clue how to identify an A4 block other than maybe an errant svo stamp

you should get someone on here who is saavy about this stuff to check it out, where is the car?