Buying a mustang

• Sponsors (?)

4point6 said:
Would you still buy a Mustang if you could afford one of the more exclusive sports cars like a Corvette, Viper, or Porsche? I think the Mustang's heritage, potential, and society is the best that you can get.

I was really trying to decide about that. I have always like the corvette a lot better and I have never really like the mustang untill the 05 pics came out. I like the 05 mustang and C5 corvette the same. I went to the Chicago auto show and I was dissapointed with the C6 corvette. I think ford is going in the right direction.

numenor27 said:
I was really trying to decide about that. I have always like the corvette a lot better and I have never really like the mustang untill the 05 pics came out. I like the 05 mustang and C5 corvette the same. I went to the Chicago auto show and I was dissapointed with the C6 corvette. I think ford is going in the right direction.

I feel pretty much the same. I'm not really "brand loyal" when it comes to cars...I like em all. Ever since I was a kid though, the Corvette has been my dream car, but C6 does very little for me. The 05 Mustang on the other hand...DAMN! The car is SWEET! I'll take the 05 Mustang over the C6 no contest. GM dropped the ball bigtime and Ford CLEARLY knows what they're doing.

I can afford a 'Vette, Viper, or Porsche but just can't see shelling out that much dough for four wheels. I believe you start to get into the "diminishing returns" factor, as well, having to spend quite a bit to get just a little more performance, plus paying for the name, at least in the case of the Porsche.

I think the '05 Mustang is going to be a good value for the buck and it's the first car in years that really looks good to me. Ford's got it right on this baby.

The clincher for me though is the 'Vette, Viper, Porsche, and don't forget the BMW's, like the M3, just aren't my style. The Mustang is. Anyone who goes for the Mustang knows what I'm talking about.

4point6 said:
Would you still buy a Mustang if you could afford one of the more exclusive sports cars like a Corvette, Viper, or Porsche? I think the Mustang's heritage, potential, and society is the best that you can get.

I kind of lost interest in Porsche when they stopped being air cooled, Vettes are fiberglass and ugly and Vipers are just kind of silly. I like the V8 up front, two doors and four seats, preferably built in Detroit, so right now there are all of two cars to choose from. If I had stupid money to play with I'd probably have a bunch of Ferraris and 60s Mopars but I'd still get something like the Mustang or maybe the GTO for a daily driver.

fly2low said:
"They stopped making Corvette in 1967"

I kind of felt the same way about the Camaro. Early 1970 when they finally ran out of the 69 body shell, was the end of the Camaro... and yes if you look really hard you can find a 1970 model year wonder machine in the 69 body. It's hard to believe how far away they got from that original look in so few years...

As for the thread topic, just look at my sig and that should give you a good idea what car I would buy regardless of what I could theoretically afford.

Z.

66Satellite said:
I kind of lost interest in Porsche when they stopped being air cooled, Vettes are fiberglass and ugly and Vipers are just kind of silly. I like the V8 up front, two doors and four seats, preferably built in Detroit, so right now there are all of two cars to choose from. If I had stupid money to play with I'd probably have a bunch of Ferraris and 60s Mopars but I'd still get something like the Mustang or maybe the GTO for a daily driver.

Two cars? What besides the Mustang fits that category? The GTO is made in Australia.