Buying a Throttle Body.....opinions.....

• Sponsors (?)

CWalk - The throttle body didn't gain the power there:)

A 75mm throttle body is a inefficient way of getting air into your intake.

You won't get turbelence problems if you do not match the throttle body to the intake. As long as it is smaller than the opening.

If you guys notice in your intakes, it necks down to much less than the mm size you install. Just pop off your rubber, cai, powerpipe intakes and open the throttle body blade up. See how the walls 'close-in' on each other, it is less than the throttle body size you are putting on. So why waste the space and money for no performance gain and less room to work with;)

Check Accufab's website out, they list cfm ratings for engines and their throttle bodies flow two times more than the engines can flow.

George Klass (owner/designer a Accufab Throttle Bodies) said he loves selling to guys that think bigger is better, like the 75mm TB. He calls it 'ricer mentality'.

I urge you to check out the site under Tech Info, good readings there.

www.accufabracing.com

I have a 75mm TB, (Summit Brand) on my trick flow street. I believe they are the same as the PP's. Only cost me like $140 New.

Thottle response is great.

I have been please with no problems, I did have to take off the tube the hose hooks up to the oil baffle for, and plug it. Because it was hitting the hood.

It shouldn't be a problem with stock motor mounts.

Throttle response will increase because the 75mm throttle body is touchier due to the fact that it allows more air in with the same depression of the gas pedal. The bigger blade is a larger contact area for air and takes less opening to get the same amount of air in. This can cause, occasionally, the cruise control to be 'less smooth' as well.

The gas becomes touchier giving the illusion of more power, however at wide open throttle, you have the same performance and air flow as a 65mm for example.