Buying a used Accufab Plenum / TB kit

Xcessiv

Jul 16, 2004
Hi!

I found a decent used Accufab Plenum / TB kit for sale. I have a few questions before sending the money...

1) Which hardware should be included with the kit, apart from the plenum and TB themself?
2) Does mileage matter on a TB? The unit is around 10-15 000 miles old. I guess not, but I just want to be sure.
3) They're fully compatible with '99-'01 AND '01-'04 GTs, right?

Thanks.
Yan

• Sponsors (?)

New, you'd get two different adapters for the hose that runs out of the front - 99-01 were different than the 02-04. Now if he has the same year as you, this won't be an issue. Otherwise, does he have the additional fitting? Also, swapping it might be a bear as they simply press in - it's tight.
Other than that, just a TB gasket would have been included - you should be alright re-using it.
I'd have no problem buying one used...hope you're saving a few bucks!
It'll really kick in at WOT at about 3K RPMS - you'll feel the additional pull! Enjoy!

Is this the small or big fitting?

MAC_CAI.jpg

Good, then I won't need any conversion. :) The one I'm buying also has the small fitting.

I'll try to fit the stock gaskets to that I only need the unit itself (attached).

Thanks for your help guys!

Attachments

• TB_Plenum.JPG
    TB_Plenum.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 125
Yup thatll bolt right up.

I would also reccomend replacing the EGR gasket and maybe the IAC gasket if it looks a little bit old. If its coming together like that and the throttle body hasnt been seperated than the TB gasket should be fine.

Mileage doesnt matter either. When I took my stock one off with right around 100k it was just fine, a little dirty though.

Is that a 70 or 75mm? Looks like 70...

Yup thatll bolt right up.

I would also reccomend replacing the EGR gasket and maybe the IAC gasket if it looks a little bit old. If its coming together like that and the throttle body hasnt been seperated than the TB gasket should be fine.

Mileage doesnt matter either. When I took my stock one off with right around 100k it was just fine, a little dirty though.

Is that a 70 or 75mm? Looks like 70...
70mm??? I hope not, I'm paying for a 75mm unit hehehehe. Can anyone confirm from the picture?