Buying Exhaust

I am getting ready to purchase exhaust for my 02 GT. I am getting a MAC O/R H for the midpipe but when it comes to the cat-back, I am on the fence between two. I have searched and searched and listened to a bunch of sounds clips. I am debating between the Flowmaster A/T cat-back and the Mac cat-back. I absolutely LOVE the way the A/T sounds but it costs ~$80-$100 more than the Mac (from what I can find anyways). The cheapest I can find the A/T is for $384 w/ free shipping. I have looked of partshopper.com and saw that they had it for $320 but when you at the 3" tips its over $400. I can find the Mac for $313 and that comes with the 3" tips.

So i guess my question is should I just put up the extra money for the flowmaster so that I know I will love my exhaust or should I just buy the Mac? :shrug:

Also, where are some other good places to buy exhaust from for cheap?

• Sponsors (?)

Tough call. Will you learn to love the Mac c/b sound? Will that $80-100 more mean much to you a month or two later?

Thats a tough question. I have listened to a lot of sounds clips of the Mac c/b and it sounds great with the prochamber but i dont like it with the o/r h. and I dont wanna spend the money for the prochamber.

Both sound good. Go with what you like =] Get an O/r X if you do get Flows. They are BLATTY as hell with an o/r H. The macs are blatty to, but it sounds good..

(blat= the noise a Harely davidson motocycle makes)

I have listened to both, with an o/r x and an o/r h and I love the way flows sound with an o/r h.

If you want to save some $ just do some weld in's....
or go ahead and get what you really want.

I though about doing some weld-ins with flows, but the shop around me that I called wanted to charge me $240 for it. . . .and I thought that was a little too pricey to just replace the mufflers. What do you think?

Thats a tough question. I have listened to a lot of sounds clips of the Mac c/b and it sounds great with the prochamber but i dont like it with the o/r h. and I dont wanna spend the money for the prochamber.

I have listened to both, with an o/r x and an o/r h and I love the way flows sound with an o/r h.

I though about doing some weld-ins with flows, but the shop around me that I called wanted to charge me $240 for it. . . .and I thought that was a little too pricey to just replace the mufflers. What do you think?

I had different mufflers on my car many times. Midas charged me $60 and than some other no name shop charged me 30 than ****ed up the welds.. than the same shop but different owner/location charged me $36 and did a good job.

$240 is something like Merlins would charge... i guess because they do a nice job with the pipe beding and stuff, but ill rather have an ok job done with good welds and ok pipe bending. LOL

I had different mufflers on my car many times. Midas charged me $60 and than some other no name shop charged me 30 than ****ed up the welds.. than the same shop but different owner/location charged me $36 and did a good job.

$240 is something like Merlins would charge... i guess because they do a nice job with the pipe beding and stuff, but ill rather have an ok job done with good welds and ok pipe bending. LOL

if they are just replacing the mufflers, what pipes need to be bent? I just thought it was taking the old mufflers off and welding the new ones in?