buying used exhaust parts

i was looking at buying a used prochamber pipe from somebody for about $100. Any tips for buying exhaust used? he told me he was going to sand it and paint it for me also. i have 2 pictures of the pipes if it is helpful

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 203
  • pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Sponsors (?)

I doubt it. Its a pretty light mid-pipe. If you really feel the need to have a pair welded on at your local exhaust shop, feel free. Its not going to hurt anything....although it will add to the over all cost in the end.

When I got my Prochamber I paid 100 from a guy on craigslist, fits like a glove , If I was you I would scoop that bad boy up , new prochamber are Very Pricey !

And dont bother with paint , my friends prochamber he picked up new looks no different then my prochamber after 6 months of time !

You'd be crazy not to buy that for $80... I paid $125 for my UPR X used.

You may need a new flange gasket for where the passengers side exhaust manifold meets the mid pipe. They tend to break when removed, and make for a VERY large exhaust leak sometimes.

I re-used the stock bolts if you are referring to the manifold meeting the midpipe bolts. HAVE FUN REMOVING THE OLD ONES IF YOU WANT TO REPLACE THEM!!! lol.

Yea, assuming nothing is wrong with it, that's a great deal, and you will love the sound of the Prochamber. What kind of mufflers do you have?

I re-used the stock manifold studs and nuts, but I put new bolts where the mid-pipe bolts up to the cat-back. And yes, get the passenger side flange gasket. I got one, but didn't put it on when I installed the pipe. Well, that was a mistake. Just go ahead and replace it. I think mine was $11 from Advanced.

i got flowmaster 40's i just hope i dont snap the manifold studs.. i was planning on getting a new manifold gasket as well..been doin alot of read ups for the install. i assume its going to be pretty much straight foward. just gotta buy the gasket and maybe a couple of tools . oh i cant forget a pack of beer if i start getting annoyed hahahaha

Yes, you will love the Prochamber and the Flows. It sounds great. I've got a video made, but something is up with the format, and youtube won't let me upload it. Wierd. I'm gonna try and find another video editing program to make that video again so maybe I can get it uploaded.

And yea, it's really not hard to do. The best write up I found was on Mustang World. It took me 3 hours the very first time, completely by myself, and I wasn't using a lift. When I had to take it back off to change the gasket, it took 1 hour from driving into the shop to backing out of the shop. It's really not hard to do.

The most important tool you are going to need is a mid lenght socket , if I remember its 15mm

The first time I put my Prochamber on it took over 4 hours , 2 of that was trying to get the drivers side bolts off , ended up cutting down a long socket to fit in that tight ass working space !